Crispian St. Peters Follow Me - A Golden Classics Edition
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Singer/guitarist Crispian St. Peters was a rarity in the '60s - a solo singer and player who hadn't come from an established group. Born Robin Peter Smith, St. Peters did release two mini-classics of the times, "The Pied Piper" and "You Were On My Mind". This disc brings together 20 of his finest songs, which were among the catchiest Pop tunes of their time.
- 1.Your Love Has Gone
- 2.Jilly Honey
- 3.When We Meet
- 4.My Little Brown Eyes
- 5.It's A Funny Feeling
- 6.So Long
- 7.You Were On My Mind
- 8.But She's Untrue
- 9.Goodbye To You
- 11.Without You
- 12.That's The Way I Feel
- 13.That Little Chain
- 14.Pied Piper
- 15.What I'm Gonna Be (Bonus Track)
- 16.Sweet Dawn My True Love (Bonus Track)
- 17.Changes (Bonus Track)
- 18.Almost Persuaded
- 19.I'm Always Crying (Bonus Track)
- 20.No Longer Mine (Bonus Track)
Includes liner notes by Bernd Matheja.
Personnel: Crispian St. Peters (guitar); Dan Sandford, Jimmy Page, Alan Parker , Jim Sullivan, Vic Flick (guitar); Eddie Mordue (piccolo); Don Honeywell (saxophone); Harry Stoneham (piano, organ); Rex Bennett (drums); Jim Lawless (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Bernd Matheja.
Director: Harry Stoneham.
Crispian St. Peters never seemed to really find a style of his own, and his rather low-key career has seen him release light rockabilly, pure pop, country-rock, and folk-rock singles, one of which, 1966's "The Pied Piper," was an international hit and anchored Follow Me when it was originally released that same year. That entire album is included here, along with six period bonus tracks, including an interesting attempt from 1967 to make Phil Ochs' "Changes" into a folk-rock anthem, an attempt that probably came a year or two too late to really click with the public. Follow Me is a pleasant enough folk-pop album, with a few standout tracks like the Byrds-ish "So Long," the Buddy Holly-like "Jilly Honey," and St. Peters' cover of Sylvia Tyson's "You Were on My Mind" (a much bigger hit in a version by the We Five) achieving gentle grooves that work pretty much in the vein of "The Pied Piper." Nothing to crow about here (even with guitarist Jimmy Page on board), but it was to be St. Peters' high point, and in retrospect, deserves to be. ~ Steve Leggett
Bob Kuban & The In-MenLook Out For The Cheater - A Golden Classics Ed. (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Manfred MannManfred Mann Album / My Little Red Book of Winners (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Manfred MannPretty Flamingo / The Five Faces of Manfred Mann (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
The Pied Piper: The Complete Recordings 1965-1974 (2-CD)
$23.42 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 15,293
- UPC: 090431561522
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Thank You Shirl-ee May [A Love Story] (DualDisc) (CD)(6)
$16.13 on SALE
Love & Affection: The Very Best of Joan Armatrading (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $4
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $4
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE