Terry Allen Smokin' the Dummy / Bloodlines
Only 9 copies left
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Terry Allen ~ Bottom of the World ~ $14.72
- by Terry Allen ~ Human Remains ~ $16.18
- by Terry Allen ~ Salivation ~ $16.18
- by Terry Allen ~ The Silent Majority: Terry Allen's Greatest Missed Hits ~ $16.18
- Released: April 22, 1997
- Label: Sugarhill
- 1.The Heart of California
- 2.Whatever Happened to Jesus (And Maybellene) ?
- 3.Helena Montana
- 4.Texas Tears
- 5.Feelin Easy
- 6.The Night Caf‚
- 7.Roll Truck Roll
- 8.Red Bird
- 9.Lubbock Tornado, The (I Don't Know)
- 11.Gimme a Ride to Heaven Boy
- 12.Cantina Carlotta
- 13.Our Land
- 14.Oh Hally Lou
- 15.Oh What a Dangerous Life
- 16.Manhattan Bluebird
- 17.There Oughta Be a Law Against Sunny Southern California
This album combines two previously released albums, SMOKIN THE DUMMY and BLOODLINES on one disc.
Personnel: Terry Allen (vocals, piano, Clavinet, maracas); Cary Banks (vocals, guitar, electric guitar, steel guitar, marimba); Jesse Taylor (vocals, guitar, electric guitar); Lloyd Maines (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, dobro, banjo, mandolin, drums); Richard Bowden (vocals, mandolin, fiddle, cello); Donnie Maines (vocals, drums, congas, claves, tambourine); Kenny Maines (vocals, tambourine); LaTronda Maines, Bonnie Wilkers, Donna Jo Barnes (vocals); Jack Bowden (pennywhistle); Joe Ely (harmonica); Ponty Bone (accordion); Jack Delahunty (clarinet); Don Caldwell (saxophone); Tommy Anderson (trumpet, tuba); Mark Anthony (trombone); Monte Williams (Clavinet, synthesizer); Alan Shinn (congas, tambourine); Mike Meyers (congas, timbales).
Audio Mixers: Don Caldwell; Lloyd Maines; Terry Allen.
Recording information: Caldwell Studios, Lubbock, TX (07/1980-01/1983).
Photographer: Jo Harvey Allen.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Mark Anthony ; Terry Allen.
A combination of Terry Allen's 1980 and 1983 Fate Records releases, with songs that range from almost-traditional country done with a very untraditional attitude all the way out to thump-in-the-ear rock moments. The 18 cuts here don't represent Allen at his level best, but they do provide a fine sampling of his songwriting approach, with some great moments. Allen can be decidedly subversive at times, and in-your-face at others, and it can almost be guaranteed that some of the twists he tosses out here will not be seen coming. Some songs will definitely induce heavy breathing and a feeling of having looked a bit too closely at the hell mouth -- "Ourland" achieves that with ease. It's often less about having the world's foibles pointed out than having a bright light shone on the world's more arcane lies. On the other hand, there's also the song about Jesus carrying out a carjacking. Terry Allen may well be one of the best arguments country music has for its existence. ~ Steven McDonald
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)(10)
$5.98 on SALE
Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD)(2)
$4.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE