Roy Acuff King of Country Music [TeeVee]
- Released: 1996
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Tee Vee Records
- 1.Great Speckled Bird
- 2.Tell Mother I'll Be There
- 3.Wait for the Light to Shine
- 4.Wreck on the Highway
- 5.I Saw the Light
- 6.The Precious Jewel
- 7.The Great Shining Light
- 8.If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again
- 9.The Great Judgement Morning
- 10.Great Speckled Bird No. 2
- 11.Wabash Cannonball
- 12.Lonesome Old River Blues
- 13.Be Honest With Me
- 14.Fireball Mail
- 15.Tennessee Waltz
- 16.Mule Skinner Blues (Blue Yodel No. 8)
- 17.Low and Lonely
- 18.Pins and Needles (In My Heart)
- 19.Freight Train Blues
- 20.Night Train to Memphis
Includes liner notes by Chuck Young.
Personnel: Earl Bostic (alto saxophone); Roy Acuff (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Chuck Young.
Roy Acuff was called The King Of Country Music back when such honorifics actually meant something. The rural Tennessee native was both an influential singer and a standout fiddle player, and both of these qualities are emphasized throughout this 20-track set. Opening with his first recorded song, 1938's "Great Speckled Bird," and continuing on through 19 more classic country and gospel songs--from "Wabash Cannonball" to "If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again"--this is bedrock country music. No line dances, no choirs, no orchestras, just a bunch of good ol' boys and their music. Traditional country doesn't get any better than this.
Country & Western, Volume 2 [German Import] (10-CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD)
$1.98 on SALE