Bill Nye the Science Guy: Light Optics
- Classroom Edition DVD: Educator's Guide, Public Performance Rights
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 20, 2013
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Disney Educational Productions
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Hosted by||Bill Nye|
Description by OLDIES.com:
With more than 28 Emmys and a slew of other prestigious awards, Disney's resident way-cool scientist knows how to get kids fired up about science. Whether you're learning about earth science or engaging in a complex discussion about genetics, Bill Nye's enthusiasm for all things science is contagious. You won't believe your eyes when Bill Nye reflects, refracts, bends, bounces, absorbs, and pulls light waves to show how things can be seen in different ways.
Guest stars Penn and Teller provide assistance as Bill Nye examines light optics, and helps young science students understand the importance of this topic. Light is very complex, and the mysterious ways in which it works will be better understood after students watch Nye demonstrate its properties. He shows what happens when light bounces off a surface, how light can bend, and how colors appear. The explanations are relieved by healthy doses of music and Nye's clever blend of comedy and education.
Television / TV Series
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Serpent's Tongue / The Grayhaven Maniac (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Clara Bow Double Feature: My Lady of Whims (1925) (Silent) / Black Oxen (1923) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Calvin and the Colonel (Lost Cartoon Classics) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE