- Released: May 17, 1999
- Label: Jive / Sbme Europe
- 1.We've Got It Goin' On - (studio)
- 2.Anywhere For You - (studio)
- 3.Get Down (You're the One For Me) - (studio)
- 4.I'll Never Break Your Heart - (studio)
- 5.Boys Will Be Boys - (studio)
- 6.Just to Be Close to You - (studio)
- 7.Quit Playin' Games With My Heart - (studio)
- 8.I Wanna Be With You - (studio)
- 9.Every Time I Close My Eyes - (studio)
- 10.Darlin' - (studio)
- 11.Let's Have a Party - (studio)
- 12.Roll With It - (studio)
- 13.Nobody But You - (studio)
BACKSTREET BOYS is an Enhanced CD containing both a full audio program as well as multimedia computer files and free access to the Internet.
Backstreet Boys: Nick Carter, Brian "B-Rok" Littrell, Kevin Richardson, Howard "Howie D." Dorough, Alexander James McLean (vocals).
Additional personnel includes: Smooth T. (rap vocals); Mookie, Larry "Rock" Campbell, Timmy Allen, Veit Renn (various instruments); Chuck Anthony, Esbjorn Ohrwall (guitar); Rodney Jerkins (bass, drums); Bulent Aris, Toni Cottura (programming); Full Force.
Producers include: Denniz PoP, Max Martin, Kristian Lundin, Veit Renn, Bulent Aris.
Engineers include: Joe Smith, Chris Trevett, Tom Donovan.
Recorded at Cheiron Studios, Stockholm, Sweden; Parc Studios and Platinum Post Studios, Orlando, Florida; Battery Studio and The Hit Factory, New York, New York.
Backstreet Boys were nominated for the 1999 Grammy Award for Best New Artist.
German edition with seven extra songs.
Don't be scared, mom and dad; though the Backstreet Boys employ a little rapping and hip-hop beat wizardy in their dance-pop amalgam, there's no R-rated gangsta mythology at work on their self-titled debut smash. And though this quartet of video-friendly fresh-faced boys has garnered many superficial comparisons to former teen idols New Kids On The Block, the Backstreet Boys sound has a bit more going for it. A more streetwise approach, hook-filled arrangements, a distinctive mixture of rapping and vocal harmonies and an endless supply of floor-shaking dance beats are the distinguishing marks of these platinum-plus pop poster boys.