Joe E. Brown Double Feature: Riding On Air / When's Your Birthday?
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: May 27, 2008
- Originally Released: 1937
- Label: Alpha Video
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Joe E. Brown|
|Directed by||Edward Sedgwick & Harry Beaumont|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Riding On Air (1937, B&W, 58 mins): Small town reporter Elmer Lane wins the enormous sum of $5,000 in the Crunchies essay contest, which draws the intense interest of seasoned flim-flam man Doc Waddington. Posing as a wealthy financier, Doc concocts a phony investment scheme and soon has Elmer's $5,000. Elmer introduces Waddington to the local businessman's association and before long, the townsfolk are lining up to be let in on "the limited, cash-only investment opportunity." With the community's hard- earned investment capital in hand, Doc hastily leaves town and disappears. Beloved girlfriend Betty, disheartened that Elmer has been played for a sucker, jilts him and runs off with rival reporter Harvey. Elmer sets off on a desperate flight to get back the cash and make things right - before the angry townsfolk tear him limb from limb!
Starring Joe E. Brown, Guy Kibbee, Florence Rice, Vinton Haworth; Directed by Edward Sedgwick.
When's Your Birthday (1937, B&W, 76 mins): "Your mother's a crab and your father's a goat!" Realizing that "the planets are wrong," astrologer Dustin Willoughby insists on changing his wedding date, causing his furious fiance to break off the engagement and her father to throw him out of the house. Down on his luck, waiting tables in a nightclub, Dustin catches the attention of some high-rolling gamblers with his uncanny ability to use the stars to pick winners at the track. Bankrolled by his new "friends," he rises to prominence as "The Swami," astrologer to the rich and famous. Through a bizarre turn of events, the gangsters force Dustin into the prizefighting ring. But the mobster's blood begins to boil when Dustin refuses to fight "unless the stars are right!"
Starring Joe E. Brown, Marion Marsh, Fred Keating, Edgar Kennedy; Directed by Harry Beaumont.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 10,121
- UPC: 089218559692
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 10cc Live in Concert (DVD) ~ $14.81 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Tupac - Hip Hop Genius (DVD) ~ $6.15 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac / Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Vs. Biggie: The Legacy Continues (DVD) ~ $8.63 CYBER WEEK
Comedies Movie Categories:
- Bob Hope Big Broadcast of 1938 / College Swing (DVD) ~ $10.83 CYBER WEEK
- Bob Hope Louisiana Purchase / Never Say Die (DVD) ~ $8.98 CYBER WEEK
- Bob Hope My Favorite Blonde / The Star Spangled Rhythm (DVD) ~ $10.83 CYBER WEEK
- The Lovedolls Superstar (DVD) ~ $11.10 CYBER WEEK
- Rudy Ray Moore Live at Wetlands, N.Y.C. (DVD) ~ $7.16 CYBER WEEK