- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 24, 2013
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital - English, French
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround - English, French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 09/27/1991
"...[Bakula] has a laid-back quality that makes him a welcome, easy-to-take presence on the big screen..."
Aging ex-quarterback Paul Blake (Scott Bakula) enrolls in college in order to fullfill his adolescent high school dream of playing college football. Unfortunately, his new team has been put on notice for violating NCAA rules, and all the veterans have been kicked out. Undaunted, Blake helps put together a team comprised of football-playing misfits and a female placekicker. In the midst of all this, he falls in love with one of the professors and must outwit the dean of the college, who is trying to cancel the football program.
- Budget estimate $13.5 million.
- Reviewed in the New York Times 9/27/1991.
- Shot on location at the University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, in Technicolor, Dolby sound.
- Began shooting April 17, 1991; Completed shooting June 14, 1991; Released in USA September 27, 1991.
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Included in the cast are real professional football players: Dick Butkus, Ben Davidson, Jerry Rice, Earl Campbell, Roger Craig, Tony Dorsett, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Randy White, Jim Kelly and Herschel Walker. Heavyweight boxer Evander Holyfield also appears as a football player. ESPN sports commentator and host, Chris Berman also appears as himself.