- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 56 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 24, 2013
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by Director Robert Towne and Cinematographer Caleb Deschanel
- The making of Ask the Dust
- Theatrical trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 03/10/2006
"[Ferrell] invests the character with both focus and tenderness..."
Sight and Sound - 06/01/2006
"Towne recreates the era in loving detail....Caleb Deschanel's rich, dark cinematography adds to the sense that this is not intended as a realistic portrayal of LA."
From the director of CHINATOWN comes a tale of small-town dreams and big-city challenges. Colin Farrell plays a down-and-out writer in 1930s L.A. who dreams of making it big, and Salma Hayek plays his lover, a waitress who also wants to rise above her station.
Based On A Novel |
Los Angeles, California |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release, March 10, 2006