- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 24, 2013
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 03/24/1995
"...Lange gives LOSING ISAIAH its dramatic focus....[She] is the motor of this movie, the moral center, too..."
Variety - 03/20/1995
"...Berry brings vibrancy, wariness and determination to [the film]....Jefferies is a delight..."
New York Times - 03/17/1995
"...Serious and affecting....Both Jessica Lange and Halle Berry breathe real life into their debating positions....The tone is thoughtful and temperate..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/17/1995
"...LOSING ISAIAH is a highly affecting balancing act....Gyllenhaal brings out the passion in the material....Lange gives the film its core of knockabout sadness..."
Khaila Richards may be a crack addict but she's also the mother of a beautiful baby boy named Isaiah. One night, she finds herself desperate for a hit. So Khaila leaves the wailing infant swaddled in rags by a garbage dump. She returns the next morning in a panic, only to find that Isaiah's gone. Believing him dead, a devastated Khaila gets herself thrown into rehab where she struggles to change her life. Meanwhile, the previously crack-addicted infant is legally adopted by white social worker Margaret Lewin and her suburban family. Under the Lewins' care, Isaiah grows strong and healthy. But when a drug-free Khaila learns her baby's alive, she'll do everything in her power to get him back.
The adoptive mother of an abandoned baby boy must fight for custody after his birth mother tries to claim him following her treatment for drug addiction. Based on the novel by Seth Margolis.
Law / Lawyers |
Social Issues |
Tear Jerker |
- Shot in Technicolor, using Panavision equipment.
- Prints by DeLuxe.
- Additional cast: Donovon Ian H. McKnight (Amir); Rikkia A. Smith (Josie); Paulette McDaniels (Ethel); Velma Austin (Rehab Leader); Glenda Starr Kelley (Group Leader); Joan Kohn (Toby Fredericks); Patrick Clear (Bill Fredericks); and Gabriella Santinelli (Heidi).
- Additional credits: Ronald G. Smith (production manager); Leigh French (voice casting); Donald Rio McNichols (special effects); Carol Meikle (Halle Berry's hair); Paul LeBlanc (Jessica Lange's hair); and Dorothy J. Pearl (Jessica Lange's makeup); Phil Marshall (original source music).
"Gimme My Props," performed by Kool Moe Dee
"Getto Jam," performed by Domino
"Joey," performed by Concrete Blonde
"Lovely Weather for Ducks," by Jay Livingston & Ray Evans
"Whiskers," by John Dickson
"Gas Chamber," performed by Spice 1
"Wu-Tang: 7th Chamber," by & performed by Wu-Tang Clan
"More Bounce to the Ounce," performed by Zapp
"Anotha Mutha," performed by Eponse LePotts
"Slicker Than Most," performed by Guru
"Ghetto Red Hot," performed by Super Cat
"12, 15, 22, 5," performed by Y.T. Style
"Baby-Baby-Baby," performed by TLC
"Jesus on the Mainline," traditional
"Ready for a Miracle," produced by U.P.F.
"That Was Then This Is Now," performed by Hi-Five
"Tastin' Love Again," performed by Here and Now
- Copyright 1995 Paramount Pictures Corporation.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 43 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 122,184
- UPC: 883929313730
- Shipping Weight: 0.16/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item