Chris Bartley Sweetest Thing This Side of Heaven - A Golden Classics Edition
|You Save:||$6.48 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles ~ Going to a Go-Go / Away We a Go-Go [Expanded] ~ $8.34
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Soul singer and guitarist Chris Bartley sang with the Soulful Inspirations and his own group, the Mindbenders, in the mid-'60s before embarking on a successful solo career. This album features his biggest hit, "The Sweetest Thing This Side Of Heaven", which was produced and written by Van McCoy ("The Hustle") and reached #32 on the Pop charts in 1967.
- 1.Gotta Tell Somebody
- 2.Sittin' Pretty
- 3.Baby It's Wonderful
- 4.That's How Much I Love You
- 5.Hooked On You
- 6.I'll Be Loving You
- 7.Sweetest Thing This Side Of Heaven
- 8.Sugar Baby
- 9.You Get Next To My Heart
- 10.For You
- 11.My Baby
- 12.Thanks For Loving Me
- 13.Love Me Baby
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
Unknown Contributor Role: Chris Bartley.
A CD clone of Chris Bartley's 1967 LP on Van McCoy's Vando Records. Collectables Records tacked the extra song "Love Me Baby" on to make it a baker's dozen with McCoy writing and producing every track. Bartley scored the first time out with "Sweetest Thing This Side of Heaven," a lilting beauty caressed by Bartley's flowery falsetto. The follow-up, the Motown-ish, formulaic "Baby It's Wonderful," flopped, though it probably sounded like a straight hit in the recording studio booming from those big speakers. He's better on "You Get Next to My Heart," the third single, the lilting "Sittin' Pretty," where he displays a honey soaked false voice, and "Hooked on You," a hard-edged up-tempo number where he sings natural and falsetto. Oozing with love is a remake of the Spellbinders' "For You," one of McCoys' best floaters; the up-tempo "Gotta Tell Somebody (About My Baby)" shows he can jam with the right material. Regardless of the tempo, Bartley's always depicted as a love-struck romantic. ~ Andrew Hamilton
The JonesesEarly Soul Years - Golden "Soul" Classics From The 70's (CD)
$8.43 on SALE
The Brothers Of SoulI Guess That Don't Make Me A Loser - A Golden Classics Ed. (CD)
$8.43 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
the sweetest thing this side of heaven Music Lover: marvin heavens from norlina, NC US -- March, 26, 2007
being a young airmen in love during the sixties this was one of the greatest songs a guy could have to remind him of his sweetheart back at home.it still does the job if your memory does'nt slip.
- Sales Rank: 50,912
- UPC: 090431559024
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
Top ranking titles in the R&B / Soul genre:
- The Gap Band Early In The Morning / Open Your Mind (Wide) (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- The Drifters There Goes My Baby: 10-Song Collection (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Tony! Toni! Toné! Feels Good / Little Walter (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Bill Withers Ain't No Sunshine / Use Me (45) ~ $3
- Lauryn Hill Doo Wop (That Thing) / Lost Ones [Remix] (45) ~ $4