Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 24, 2013
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Glenn Ford stars in this lush and unusual "south-western" as Sam Dent, a rancher who travels to South America to deliver a shipment of bulls to a Brazilian ranch owner. The troubles are many for this brave Yankee as he endeavors to get the bulls to the ranch through the Amazon, only to find the buyer has been murdered. Caesar Romero costars as dashing bandit leader El Gato, and Frank Lovejoy is an unscrupulous land grabber. In addition to the two of them, Dent has to navigate his way clear of a brewing war between ranchers and farmers. He also finds himself caught between the loves of Teresa (Abbe Lane) and Marianna (Ursula Thiess). Other troubles include pirhanas, snakes, and jungle cats. This film might seem rather ironic in light of global warming and the deforestation of Brazil, but it's rousing fun anyway, with a lively pace and Ford in fine form. This was one of director William Castle's final "normal" pictures before going full-time into scary "gimmick" films sucha as THE TINGLER and HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL.
A cowboy travels to Brazil to deliver a shipment of valuable Brahma bulls but finds that the rancher he was to deliver the animals to has been mysteriously killed.
Theatrical Release |
- Partially filmed on location in Brazil.
- Castle actually stepped in to complete this film after Budd Boetticher was fired from the project. Castle shot the Hollywood soundstage footage. The on-location scenes were shot by Boetticher.