Jefferson Airplane Live at the Fillmore East
Only 8 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Jefferson Airplane ~ At the Family Dog Ballroom (Live) ~ $11.68
- by Jefferson Airplane ~ Sweeping Up The Spotlight: Live At The Fillmore East 1969 ~ $5.97
- by Jefferson Airplane ~ Thirty Seconds Over Winterland / Early Flight ~ $14.81
- Released: April 28, 1998
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Entertainment Weekly - 5/22/98, p.71"The Airplane were one of the most ferocious live bands of the classic-rock era. Further proof: this 1968 recording highlighted by never-before-released performances....Any similarity between this walloping band and the ersatz Jefferson Starship is purely semantic." - Rating: B
- 1.Intro / The Ballad Of You And Me And Pooneil
- 2.She Has Funny Cars
- 3.It's No Secret
- 4.Won't You Try / Saturday Afternoon
- 5.Greasy Heart
- 6.Star Track
- 7.Wild Tyme
- 8.White Rabbit
- 9.Thing - (instrumental jam instrumental)
- 11.The Other Side of This Life
- 12.Fat Angel
- 13.Watch Her Ride
- 14.Closing Comments
- 15.Somebody to Love
The Jefferson Airplane: Grace Slick (vocals, various instruments); Jorma Kaukonen, Paul Kantner (guitar, vocals); Marty Balin (vocals); Jack Casady (bass); Spencer Dryden (drums).
Compilation producer: Paul Williams.
Recorded live at the Fillmore East, New York, New York from May 3-4, 1968.
Includes liner notes by Jeff Tamarkin.
"I'm doin' things that haven't got a name yet," proclaims a driven Grace Slick on "Wild Tyme." Indeed, the sound of the Airplane was as inventive as it was enticing. Sliding between tight arrangements and on-the-spot creation, LIVE AT THE FILLMORE EAST contains the energetic highlights of four classic 1968 shows at the famous New York City theater. This is a shimmering, rocking, fuzzed-out Airplane flying one of its most exhilarating courses.
Slick belts it out like a vibrato-driven freight train on "Greasy Heart," her voice dipping, stretching and cutting with a powerful style uniquely her own. Paul Kantner's rhythm guitar build a knowing foundation for Jorma's distorted wails and mute-toned lyricism. The dynamic instrumental, "Thing," is charged with a fierce determination, making and unmaking itself in a continuous vortex of improvisation. Donovan's "Fat Angel" is a transcendental piece of Flower Power proselytizing, and "Today" is as haunting a declaration as ever, riding high on the sheer might of ye olde Jack Casady fuzz-bass. As far as historic '60s rock goes, this compilation is a patchouli-scented testament to the magic that existed at the now-defunct hippie mecca.
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Director's Cut (2-DVD)
$21.63 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 28 ratings.
Based on 28 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,754
- UPC: 886972679624
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER SALE
- 112 Part III (CD) ~ $8.34 CYBER SALE
- 2 Live Crew As Nasty As They Wanna Be (CD) ~ $10.79 CYBER SALE
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER SALE
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER SALE