Ian Tyson Eighteen Inches of Rain
18 copies available
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 4, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Vanguard Records
Rolling Stone - 4/7/94, p.77"...offers a convincing brand of balladry, the sort that might merit attention between chawing and spitting at the campfire...."
Stereo Review (7/94, p.86) - Performance: Sleepy / Recording: Good - "...a fine record to play when you kick off the boots and sit by the fire..."
- 1.Horsethief Moon
- 2.Heartaches Are Stealin'
- 3.Eighteen Inches of Rain
- 4.M.C. Horses
- 5.Big Horns
- 6.Rodeo Road
- 7.Chasin' the Moon
- 8.Nobody Thought It Would
- 9.Old House
- 10.Alcohol in the Bloodstream
- 11.Old Corrals and Sagebrush
- 12.Til the Circle Is Through - (with Suzy Bogguss)
Personnel: Ian Tyson (vocals); Chris Leuzinger (electric & acoustic guitars); Al Perkins (pedal steel guitar); Ben Keith (steel guitar); Mark Howard (guitars); Sam Bush (mandolin, fiddle); Joey Misculin (accordion, piano, synthesizer); Mike Chapman (bass); Milton Sledge (drums); Curtis Young, Suzy Bogguss, Dennis Wilson, Verlon Thompson, Suzy Ragsdale (background vocals).
Recorded at Jack's Tracks Recording Studio, Nashville, Tennessee.
Personnel: Ian Tyson (vocals); Chris Leuzinger (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Mark Howard (guitar, steel guitar, gut-string guitar); Al Perkins , Ben Keith (steel guitar); Sam Bush (mandolin, fiddle); Joey Misculin, Joey Miskulin (accordion, piano, synthesizer); Milton Sledge (drums).
Audio Mixer: Mark Miller .
Recording information: Jack's Tracks Recording Studio, Nashville, TN.
Photographer: Billy Ray Reynolds.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Chris Leuzinger; Mike Chapman ; Al Perkins ; Sam Bush; Suzy Bogguss; Ben Keith.
He had been absent from the States for a while following the dissolution of Ian & Sylvia, but he certainly hadn't been idle -- Ian Tyson was quite a success in Canada, and Vanguard, a label he had been associated with previously, took a chance on repeating that success here. Eighteen Inches of Rain was part of Tyson's "Cowboy Culture" series (Vanguard also reissued Cowboyography), and it's a damn fine collection of songs about contemporary cowboys, ranchers, and just plain folks, beautifully performed and sung, elegantly designed, and equipped with excellent lyrics. Many cuts are above the run of country music -- songs like "Horsethief Moon" and "Rodeo Road" are songs that transcend boundaries. ~ Steven McDonald
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
There's Been a Change in Me (1951-1955) (7-CD Box Set)
$125.54 Super Savings
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE