Incredible String Band Across the Airwaves: BBC Radio Recordings 1969-1974 (Live) (2-CD)
|You Save:||$2.80 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- by Incredible String Band ~ Be Glad For The Song Has No Ending / Liquid Acrobat As Regards Air (2-CD) ~ $16.04
- by Incredible String Band ~ Earthspan / No Ruinous Feud (2-CD) ~ $16.11
- by Incredible String Band ~ Tricks Of The Senses (2-CD) ~ $30.07
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 21, 2007
- Label: Hux Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Bright Morning Stars
- 2.Worlds They Rise and Fall
- 3.Spirit Beautiful
- 4.Willow Pattern
- 5.Turquoise Blue
- 6.Whistle Tune
- 7.Darling Belle
- 8.You've Been a Friend to Me
- 9.I Know That Man
- 10.The Old Buccaneer
- 11.Black Jack David
- 12.Circle Is Unbroken, The - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Fine Fingered Hands - (previously unreleased)
- 14.Everything's Fine Right Now - (previously unreleased)
- 15.Raga Puti - (previously unreleased)
- 16.Empty Pocket Blues - (previously unreleased)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.All Writ Down - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Dust Be Diamonds - (previously unreleased)
- 3.Theta - (previously unreleased)
- 4.Beautiful Stranger - (previously unreleased)
- 5.Won't You Come See Me - (previously unreleased)
- 6.Oh Did I Love a Dream - (previously unreleased)
- 7.Secret Temple - (previously unreleased)
- 8.Rends-Moi Demain
- 9.Dreams of No Return
- 11.Dear Old Battlefield
- 12.Log Cabin Home in the Sky
- 14.Hangman's Medley
- 15.Ring Dance - (previously unreleased)
- 16.Long Long Road - (previously unreleased)
- 17.Living in the Shadows - (previously unreleased)
Liner Note Authors: Adrian Whittaker; Mike Heron.
Recording information: 02/05/1969-05/17/1974.
Photographers: Jorgen Angel; Keith Morris.
As they have before with so many other quintessentially British bands, the ridiculously deep BBC archives deliver once again with ACROSS THE AIRWAVES: BBC RADIO RECORDINGS 1969-1974 by the Incredible String Band. Fans, rejoice: this two disc set captures Mike Williamson and Scott Heron's latter days as well as any previous collection. Revealing the true scope and diversity of the band's catalog, the set includes only a handful of songs that were released on proper Incredible String Band albums.
The rest are scattered bits--songs that appeared later on solo records, unreleased tracks, improvisations--that present a side-glance history of the band's second era, albeit a comprehensive and dizzyingly impressive one. "Raga Puti" finds them in full-tilt electric raga mode with guitar work as accomplished as Richard Thompson's; "Secret Temple," a beautifully off-kilter ballad, features tender harpsichord and Licorice McKenzie on vocals; and their Carter Family cover, "You've Been A Friend to Me," reveals an oft-hidden fondness for American roots music. ACROSS THE AIRWAVES shows that even at their most eclectic, the Incredible String Band were among the era's most accomplished instrumentalists and musicologists. It is no wonder, then, that none other than Jimmy Page and Robert Plant thought them Britain's finest band.
Be Glad For The Song Has No Ending / Liquid Acrobat As... (CD)(2)
$16.04 Super Savings
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)(4)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE