Stereophonics Performance and Cocktails (2-CD)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 16, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Island
Q - 1/00, p.86Included in Q Magazine's "50 Best Albums of 1999."
Q - 12/00, p.1513 stars out of 5 - "...Their shouty power pop certainly does its job....An early Xmas gift for the hardcore fan..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Roll Up and Shine
- 2.The Bartender and the Thief
- 3.Hurry Up and Wait
- 4.Pick a Part That's New
- 5.Just Looking
- 6.Half the Lies You Tell Ain't True
- 7.I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio
- 8.T-Shirt Sun Tan
- 9.Is Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today?
- 10.A Minute Longer
- 11.She Takes Her Clothes Off
- 12.Plastic California
- 13.I Stopped to Fill My Car Up
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.The Bartender and the Thief [Live at Cardiff Castle]
- 2.Sunny Afternoon [Live at Morfa Stadium]
- 3.Positively 4th Street
- 4.Fiddlers Green
- 6.The Old Laughing Lady
- 7.Something in the Way
- 8.Half the Lies You Tell Ain't True [Live at Belfort Festival]
- 9.She Takes Her Clothes Off [Live at the Hippodrome]
- 10.Roll Up and Shine [Live at the Hippodrome]
- 11.Local Boy in the Photograph [BBC Session]
- 12.Just Looking [Live at the Hippodrome]
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Stereophonics: Kelly Jones (vocals, guitar); Richard Jones (bass); Stuart Cable (drums).
Additional personnel: Astrid (vocals); Marshall Bird (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Hammond organ, Mellotron).
Personnel: Kelly Jones (vocals, guitar); Marshall Bird (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Hammond b-3 organ, Mellotron); Stuart Cable (drums).
Audio Mixer: Al Clay.
What you see is very much what you get with this Welsh trio. Listening to this album, with its refreshingly uncluttered production, brings frontman Kelly Jones and his two sidekicks into the room with you. Jones sings about everyday topics and emotions in his own inimitable voice, set to outrageously catchy melodies and driven by a strong guitar-based sound.
PERFORMANCE AND COCKTAILS boasts an impressive quota of hit singles, of which "Just Looking," "Pick a Part That's New," and "The Bartender and the Thief" are the best. The album tracks are also extremely fine. Take the closing number, a heartfelt postlude threatening to build on a scale equivalent to "Stairway to Heaven" before ultimately burning itself out. Compared to Stereophonics' debut, WORD GETS AROUND, this second album presents a more polished, slightly less raw approach. It's the sound of a band that has made it and is confident in its credentials. This was undoubtedly one of 1999's most sought-after albums, so go off and join the thousands who've already bought it.
Stereophonics - Decade In The Sun: The Best of Stereophonics (DVD)(3)
$9.94 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE