Grindhouse Double Feature: Cockfighter (1974) / Mad Dog Morgan (1976)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 26, 2008
- Originally Released: 1974
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (Unspecified) - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Warren Oates, Dennis Hopper, Millie Perkins & Michael Pate|
|Performer:||Patricia Pearcy, Harry Dean Stanton, Millie Perkins & Michael Pate|
|Directed by||Monte Hellman & Philippe Mora|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Cockfighter, based on Charles Willeford's novel of the same name, features several scenes of actual, brutal cockfights organized solely for the film, resulting in its being banned in the UK and Scotland. Intended as an exploitation film by low-budget producer Roger Corman, the film is a surprisingly powerful, existential portrait of a man seeking redemption, thanks to the brilliant direction of Monte Hellman (The Shooting, Two Lane Blacktop) and superb performances by Warren Oates and a great supporting cast.
Stars Warren Oates, Harry Dean Stanton, Millie Perkins, Troy Donahue; Directed by Monte Hellman.
Mad Dog Morgan (1976, Color): For 'Mad Dog' Morgan, revenge was the only reason to live. Driven to thievery by hard times amid Australia's gold rush, Morgan is captured and sentenced to twelve years hard labor. Despite brutal emotional and physical abuse, Morgan endures his imprisonment and is released into the outback as a"bushranger". Seeking revenge on those men in power who were responsible for his life-gone-wrong, Morgan runs roughshod over the countryside - becoming a hero to the downtrodden.
Based on historical events during the Australian gold rush, Mad Dog Morgan is a theatrical recounting of the life of John Fuller, an ill-tempered, alcoholic outlaw who terrorized settlers and gunned-down at least three men before being shot in the back and killed on April 8, 1865.
Starring Dennis Hopper, Jack Thompson, David Gulpilil, Michael Pate; Directed by Philippe Mora.
MAD DOG MORGAN: Daniel Morgan (Dennis Hopper) slaves away his life as an Australian gold miner. He has an early education in haves and have-nots after he witnesses a gang of racist thugs burn down the Chinese camp near his workplace. Later, Morgan is imprisoned and beaten. He leaves jail only to follow his true vocation as a plains robber and, eventually, receives the nickname "Mad Dog" for his eccentric ways. His dubious celebrity shows signs of fading, though, when a weathered investigator and a mob pick up his crime-ridden trail.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
- Sales Rank: 2,139
- UPC: 089218555892
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE