Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 2 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 17, 2013
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Note: Barbra In Movieland
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.0 - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Subtitles - Arabic, English, French, German, Hindi
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
Academy Awards 1968 -
Best Actress: Barbra Streisand
Los Angeles Times - 08/31/2001
"...As enthralling as the day it was released in 1968. It is a superb example of Hollywood craftsmanship in which all elements have been blended to perfection with inspired artistry..."
Total Film - 03/01/2002
"...Quirky, charming and very funny, Babs screams talent..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/02/2001
"...As an exercise in unintentional self-revelation, it's mesmerizing, with Streisand hammering home the comedy..."
Entertainment Weekly - 05/03/2013
"[A]s the engine that keeps the train running, the 26-year-old Streisand is riveting."
In FUNNY GIRL, the highly fictionalized musical biopic, Barbara Streisand makes her film debut in a reprisal of her Broadway role as Ziegfeld star Fanny Brice. Brice, a poor Jewish girl from New York's Lower East Side, rose to fame and won audience's hearts everywhere with her comic antics and powerful singing. Unfortunately, she had far less success in her personal life, and the film focuses on her doomed romance with her first husband, gambler Nicky Arnstein.
Comedians / Comediennes |
Essential Cinema |
Music (General) |
Theatrical Release |
- Barbra Streisand made her film debut with "Funny Girl."
- Color by Technicolor.
- Herbert Ross directed the musical numbers.