Baseball - Dem Bums: The History of the Brooklyn Dodgers
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Baseball - Gil Hodges: The Quiet Man ~ $6.98 (Save 42%)
- Baseball - Los Angeles Dodgers: Vintage World Series Film (2-DVD) ~ $13.48
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: February 26, 2008
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Gil Hodges, Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, Pee Wee Reese, Duke Snider & Roy Campanella|
|Directed by||Marino Amoruso|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Bonus Features -
The Boys Of Summer: Exclusive in-depth biographies of Dodger greats including Duke Snider, Gil Hodges, Jackie Robinson, Pee Wee Reese, Roy Campanella.
Tales From The Clubhouse: Former Dodger players recall some of the great Brooklyn teams of the 1947-1957 era.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
This documentary will become deeper steeped in nostalgia as the years pass. Having grown up in the 'Fifties, I was constantly aware of the Dodgers' many cliffhangers with the Yankees. I liked the team history the best of the documentaries. The individual bios of Snider, Hodges, and Reese were very well done, thought I could have done with less talk about Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier and more about his baseball skills, particularly his base stealing. Are fans aware that he shook up the National League his rookie year by stealing home six times, five in the first half of the season? To pull it off, he used a kind of daring that he'd learned in the Negro Leagues, but which was new to the Big Leagues. Also, there is scant mention of his MVP season in 1949. We also hear from New Newcombe only in passing. To me, he was a fascinating figure. For two years, 1955-1956, he was the dominant pitcher in the league. He was a big guy (6-4, 240) and threw the hardest ball ever, like a rock when it made contact with the bat. His well-known fear of flying, which did not completely respond to psycho-hypnosis and effectively ended his career when the team moved to L.A., made him more all the more intriguing. No one blamed "Newk" for it; people are like that. Fifty years after the fact, I still find myself saying "Brooklyn Dodgers." Can't help it.
The DVD was awesome!!! I enjoyed it tremendously.
I will be loking at other products in the near future.
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Pterodactyl Woman From Beverly Hills (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Brides of Blood (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Suspense - Lost Episodes Collection 3 (4-DVD) ~ $7.98 on SALE