- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 10, 2013
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by: Ronald D. Moore & Michael Taylor
- Industrial Light & Magic: visual effects
- Spock: the early years
- Star Trek and the science fiction museum and hall of fame
- Starfleet academy: the vulcan katra transfer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 06/01/1984
"...Gung-ho spirit....[Cast and crew] all seem to believe wholeheartedly in the STAR TREK saga...[and it] goes a long way toward making the material touching..."
Variety - 05/30/1984
"...An emotionally satisfying science fiction adventure..."
In the third STAR TREK feature film, directed by Leonard Nimoy, Admiral Kirk (William Shatner) has defeated the genetically created genius Khan, but Spock (Nimoy) is dead and McCoy (DeForest Kelley) is suffering from a strange mental aberration. Defying Starfleet orders, Kirk takes the Enterprise to Genesis to recover the body of Spock. Wonders--and dangers--await the Enterprise crew on the strange new planet.
Space Exploration |