Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 27, 2013
- Originally Released: 1945
- Label: VCI Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- PCM Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 03/25/1992
"...A classic period whodunit....Clair tells the story with an offhanded, almost detached amusement..."
An Agatha Christie tale told four times on film, this is still the best. Ten guests on an isolated island are murdered one by one. The only clue is a children's nursery rhyme. A black comedy-mystery with terrific performances, AND THEN THERE WERE NONE is adapted beautifully by acclaimed French director Rene Clair.
Based on Agatha Christie's mystery, this chilling tale tells of ten people, all strangers to one another, who are marked for death. Individually they are invited to stay at an English coastal villa. One by one, the guests, are mysterious murdered. Their only clue to the killings is a children's nursery rhyme.
- The original title of the book on which this film is based was: "Ten Little Niggers." This was also the original British title for the film.
- The story first appeared as one of Agatha Christie's magazine mysteries. It was later adapted for the stage and became a hit Broadway play titled "10 Little Indians."