Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
by Various Artists
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (Theatrical Widescreen Edition) (with FREE "Walk Hard" Soundtrack CD... ~ $2.38 (Save 84%)
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (Unrated, 2-DVD) ~ $5.98 (Save 40%)
- Released: December 4, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Sony
Entertainment Weekly - p.77"Star John C. Reilly acquits himself admirably on this set of rock pastiches, some co-written by Apatow himself." -- Grade: B+
- 1.Walk Hard - John C. Reilly
- 2.Take My Hand - John C. Reilly
- 3.(Mama) You Got to Love Your Negro Man - John C. Reilly
- 4.Life Without You (Is No Life at All) - John C. Reilly
- 5.Let's Duet - John C. Reilly & Angela Correa
- 6.Darling - John C. Reilly
- 7.(I Hate You) Big Daddy - John C. Reilly
- 8.Guilty as Charged - John C. Reilly
- 9.Dear Mr. President - John C. Reilly
- 10.Let Me Hold You (Little Man) - John C. Reilly
- 11.Royal Jelly - John C. Reilly
- 12.Black Sheep - John C. Reilly
- 13.Starman - John C. Reilly
- 14.Beautiful Ride - John C. Reilly
- 15.(Have You Heard the News) Dewey Cox Died - John C. Reilly
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Tony Fernandez, Chris Stillwell, Gus Seyffert, Craig Robinson, Dan Bern, Diane Gordon, Aaron Redfield, Eric Kalb, Davey Chegwidden, Greg Kurstin, Inara George, Joey Waronker, Jose Hernandez, Michael Andrews, Robert Walter, Van Dyke Parks, Kaveh Rastegar, Mike Viola, Noelle Scaggs, Fanny Franklin, Angela Correa (vocals).
Audio Mixers: Dan Long; Bryan Cook.
Recording information: Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA; Conway Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA; Elgonix Labs, Glendale, CA; Sonora Recorders, Atwater Village, CA; Sunset Sound, Hollywood, CA; The Bank Recording Studio, Burbank, CA; The Pass Studios, Los Angeles, CA.
Arrangers: Michael Andrews; Tom Calderaro; Van Dyke Parks.
The soundtrack to Judd Apatow and John C. Reilly's charming spoof of musical biopics (with an especially obvious nod to the Johnny Cash film WALK THE LINE) features the greatest hits of Dewey Cox, the film's dopy rock-&-roll hero. As in the movie, tracks such as "Take My Hand," "Guilty as Charged," and the title song were performed by Reilly, who's able to give the songs enough Sun-inspired twang and/or rock-icon attitude to make them believable as both musical parody and genuine pop artifact. Songwriting contributions from Marshall Crenshaw and Dan Bern, among others, also add to the lighthearted music's effectiveness.
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 29 ratings.
Based on 29 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE