Angelo Badalamenti A Very Long Engagement [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
|You Save:||$0.41 (3% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: December 7, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Nonesuch
Uncut - p.844 stars out of 5 - "Badalamenti's work is subtle and beautiful throughout."
- 1.A Very Long Engagement, film score: Main Title / The Trenches: Main Title / The Trenches
- 2.A Very Long Engagement, film score: First Love Touch
- 3.A Very Long Engagement, film score: Heartbeat to a Gunshot
- 4.A Very Long Engagement, film score: Mathilde's Theme
- 5.A Very Long Engagement, film score: Secret Code
- 6.A Very Long Engagement, film score: Elodie's Theme
- 7.A Very Long Engagement, film score: Kissing Through Glass
- 8.A Very Long Engagement, film score: Massage Fantasy
- 9.A Very Long Engagement, film score: Never Had the Child
- 10.A Very Long Engagement, film score: The Man From Corsica
- 11.A Very Long Engagement, film score: Our Soldiers' Letters
- 12.A Very Long Engagement, film score: Why Do You Cry?
- 13.A Very Long Engagement, film score: End Titles
Composer: Angelo Badalamenti.
Audio Mixer: Dennis Sands.
Recording information: Sony Recording Studios, Los Angeles, CA (06/29/2004/06/30/2004).
Photographers: Gilles Berquet; Bruno Calvo.
Angelo Badalamenti's score for A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT expertly reflects the theme of the movie, which centers on anxiety, grief, and, conversely, unflagging hope. Evoking the story of a young woman who searches for her missing fiance during WWI, Badalamenti's score is dense, contemplative, and most of all, foreboding.
Badalamenti and co-orchestrator/conductor Phil Marshall favor the lower brass and the lower-pitched strings (cello and bass) throughout. This is slow, plaintive music scored mostly in a minor key. The orchestrations wash over the listener, leaving behind an indefinable sadness that mirrors the gloom of the movie's heroine, Mathilde (Audrey Tautou). On "Mathilde's Theme," the soaring, ever-reaching strings combine with the rumble of percussion and the harmonic dissonance of the brass. This emulates the horror-stricken, yet resilient, world of Mathilde. "Why Do You Cry?" is another intense work that focuses on a languid French horn melody and dark, penetrating strings. This soundtrack, much like the film itself, pulls on the heartstrings, perfectly capturing the overall melancholy mood.
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Special Ed.) (DVD)(568)
$9.33 Super Savings
Top Gun (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Expanded) (CD)(105)
La La Land (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$9.71 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!