Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (2-CD)
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 21, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band / With A Little Help From My Friends - Peter Frampton / Bee Gees / Paul Nicholas
- 2.Here Comes the Sun - Sandy Farina
- 3.Getting Better - Peter Frampton / Bee Gees
- 4.Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds - Dianne Steinberg / Stargard
- 5.I Want You (She's So Heavy) - Bee Gees / Dianne Steinberg / Paul Nicholas / Donald Pleasence / Stargard
- 6.Good Morning Good Morning - Paul Nicholas / Peter Frampton / Bee Gees
- 7.She's Leaving Home - Bee Gees / Jay MacIntosh / John Wheeler
- 8.You Never Give Me Your Money - Paul Nicholas / Dianne Steinberg
- 9.Oh! Darling - Robin Gibb
- 10.Maxwell's Silver Hammer - Steve Martin
- 11.Polythene Pam / She Came In Through The Bathroom Window / Nowhere Man / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) - Peter Frampton / Bee Gees
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Got to Get You Into My Life - Earth, Wind & Fire
- 2.Strawberry Fields Forever - Sandy Farina
- 3.When I'm Sixty-Four - Frankie Howerd / Sandy Farina
- 4.Mean Mr. Mustard - Frankie Howerd
- 5.Fixing a Hole - George Burns
- 6.Because - Alice Cooper / Bee Gees
- 7.Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight - Peter Frampton / Bee Gees
- 8.Come Together - Aerosmith
- 9.Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite! - Maurice Gibb / Peter Frampton / George Burns / Bee Gees
- 10.Long and Winding Road, The - Peter Frampton
- 11.Day in the Life, A - Barry Gibb / Bee Gees
- 12.Get Back - Billy Preston
- 13.Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Finale) - The Cast
Personnel: Robert Ahwai, Jeff Beck, Larry Carlton, Peter Frampton, Ray Russell (guitar); Tommy Reilly (harmonica); Lenny Pickett (tenor saxophone, synthesizer); Stephen "Doc" Kupka (baritone saxophone); Greg Adams (trumpet); Max Middleton (keyboards, synthesizer); David Paich, George Martin (keyboards); Francis Monkman (Moog synthesizer); David Hungate (bass guitar); Wilbur Bascomb, Jr., Bernard "Pretty" Purdie (drums, percussion); Jeff Porcaro (drums); Victor Feldman, Ray Cooper (percussion).
Recording information: Air Studios, London, England; Cherokee Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Northstar Studios, Boulder, CO; Record Plant, NY.
Arranger: George Martin.
Like the album itself, the soundtrack to the 1978 film Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is a legend in its own right. Where the Beatles' album was a groundbreaking moment in pop music, the Robert Stigwood film was an unmitigated disaster when first released. Nevertheless, as the years passed and '70s nostalgia grew, certain kitsch fanatics revealed an affection for the debacle, so it's no surprise that the album was reissued on CD for its 20th anniversary. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Lullaby Renditions of Lana Del Rey: Ultraviolence (CD)
$12.54 Super Savings
Yesterday Once More: A Tribute to the Music of the... (CD)
$11.02 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 103 ratings.
Based on 103 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!