|You Save:||$9.45 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Optional English Subtitles, Behind the Scenes
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 21, 2013
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Vision Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Raul Julia, Richard Jordan & Ana Alicia|
|Performer:||Richard Jordan, Ana Alicia, Eddie Velez, Tony Plana & Harold Gould|
|Directed by||John Duigan|
|Edited by||Frans Vandenburg|
|Screenwriting by||John Sacret Young|
|Composition by||Gabriel Yared|
|Director of Photography:||Geoff Burton|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Romero is a compelling and deeply moving look at the life of Archbishop Oscar Romero of El Salvador, who made the ultimate sacrifice in a passionate stand against social injustice and oppression in his country.
Set against the bloody backdrop of a country ripped apart by civil upheaval, ROMERO is the life story of archbishop Oscar Romero of El Salvador, who, after facing torture and oppression, made a stand against social injustices in his country. Raul Julia stars as Romero, a hero to the El Salvadoran people who fought against political injustice and violence and was assassinated by the military junta in 1980.
ROMERO is based on the life of Father Oscar Romero, a Salvadoran priest who transformed himself from a humble clergyman into a powerful political leader. Romero passionately pursued the eradication of human rights violations in his country and became a hero to the Salvadoran people. In a powerful and moving performance, Raul Julia portrays the revolutionary priest as he struggles to fight for peace against the violent oppression of his people. Romero became a voice of thousands who were forced into silence by torture and grave injustices, inspiring the people of a poverty-stricken nation to fight for their basic rights under the penalty of imprisonment and murder. The film is an insightful and disturbing look at one man's spiritual journey to greatness amidst a homeland torn apart by civil upheaval and political oppression.
- ROMERO was filmed on location in Morelos, Mexico.
- "How can I bless a situation in which innocent people are disappearing night after night'"--Romero (Raul Julia) to a military general
- "We're human beings!"--Romero to officers in a prison
- "Will I go to heaven when I die' It's so bad here, I've got to have something to look forward to."--A young activist to Romero
- "But you are our voice, you speak for us."--A peasant woman to Romero
"If they kill me, I shall arise in the Salvadoran people."--Romero in voice-over
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 97 ratings.
Based on 97 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Serpent's Tongue / The Grayhaven Maniac (DVD-R)