The Kirby Stone Four Baubles, Bangles And Beads - A Golden Classics Edition
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.64 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Four Lads ~ 16 Most Requested Songs ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Ray Conniff / Billy Butterfield ~ Conniff Meets Butterfield / Just Kiddin' Around (Plus Bonus Tracks) ~ $9.33
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Kirby Stone Four were a product of nightclubs and television - their exposure in these mediums led them to recording success in the '50s. Kirby Stone himself said that they put together "happy collections of songs and sounds", and this disc proves him to be right. You'll hear many of the great-sounding tunes the group was known for, including their big chart hit, "Baubles, Bangles and Beads" (from the musical "Kismet"), which climbed the charts in 1958.
- 1.Baubles, Bangles And Beads
- 2.Bidin' My Time
- 3.Lullaby Of Braodway
- 4.Fugue For Tinhorns
- 5.In The Good Old Summertime
- 7.Zing! Went The Stings Of My Heart
- 8.Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love)
- 9.When My Sugar Walks Down The Street
- 10.Swingin' Down The Lane
- 11.Lady Love Me
The Kirby Stone Four: Kirby Stone, Eddie Hall, Larry Foster, Michael Gardner.
Includes original release liner notes by Kirby Stone.
Liner Note Author: Kirby Stone.
"Baubles, Bangles and Beads" was the sole hit for the Kirby Stone Four: a stylized interpretation of a Broadway song that bordered on novelty thanks to its inventive, echoey arrangement. The single reached only number 25 on the pop charts, but the album of the same name reached the Top 15. The album consists of show tunes and pop and jazz standards very similar in presentation to the title track, but not quite as over-the-top. The adventurousness and irreverence with which the Kirby Stone Four approach these familiar songs owes a debt to the spirit, if not the sound, of rock & roll, and in fact, the group inserts the lyric "rockin' rollin' summertime" at the end of "In the Summertime." The mischievous lads must have gotten quite a kick out of making the female vocalists solo on the phrase "do it" in "Let's Do It"; in the liner notes, Kirby Stone compliments the gals on their flexibility. Baubles, Bangles and Beads is packed with high-spirited fun from one of the more outr‚ vocal groups of the '50s. ~ Greg Adams
Jerry Murad's HarmonicatsGreatest Hits / Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Patti PageHush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte / Gentle On My Mind (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 55,913
- UPC: 090431547328
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD)
$9.38 Super Savings
Pop Vocal: Classic Music Categories:
- Edie Adams There's So Much More (CD) ~ $9.36 LABOR DAY
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $8.27 LABOR DAY
- The Ames Brothers The Ames Brothers Sing the Best of the Bands (CD) ~ $11.70 LABOR DAY
- The Ames Brothers Hello Italy! / Knees Up! Mother Brown (And Other Funny Songs) (CD) ~ $9.33 LABOR DAY
- The Ames Brothers Together (2-CD) ~ $20.36 LABOR DAY
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY