Bob Dylan I'm Not There [Original Soundtrack] (2-CD)
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
by The Band / Bob Dylan ~ The Basement Tapes (2-CD)
by Various Artists / Bob Dylan ~ Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan - Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International (4-CD) $16.55
I'm Not There (2-DVD) $11.07
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 29, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Sony
Rolling Stone - p.1923.5 stars out of 5 -- "Sonic Youth tackle 'I'm Not There,' adding fuzz guitar and Thurston Moore's bemused mumble, never forcing the song to make sense -- the wises possible approach."
Blender (Magazine) - p.1524 stars out of 5 -- "The alt-rock singers are appropriately irreverent....Most performers are paired with songs that might as well have been written for them....Sufjan Stevens finds the delicate spiritual clockwork within 'Ring Them Bells'..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.All Along the Watchtower - Eddie Vedder & The Million Dollar Bashers
- 2.I'm Not There - Sonic Youth
- 3.Goin' to Acapulco - Jim James & Calexico
- 4.Tombstone Blues - Richie Havens
- 5.Ballad of a Thin Man - Stephen Malkmus & The Million Dollar Bashers
- 6.Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again - Cat Power
- 7.Pressing On - John Doe
- 8.Fourth Time Around - Yo La Tango
- 9.Dark Eyes - Iron & Wine & Calexico
- 10.Highway 61 Revisited - Karon O & the Million Dollar Bashers
- 11.One More Cup of Coffee - Roger McGuinn & Calexico
- 12.Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll, The - Mason Jennings
- 13.Billy 1 - Los Lobos
- 14.Simple Twist of Fate - Jeff Tweedy
- 15.Man in the Long Black Coat - Mark Lanegan
- 16.Senor (Tales of Yankee Power) - Willie Nelson & Calexico
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.As I Went Out One Morning - Mira Billotte
- 2.Can't Leave Her Behind - Stephen Malkmus & The Million Dollar Bashers
- 3.Ring Them Bells - Sufjan Stevens
- 4.Just Like a Woman - Charlotte Gainsbourg & Calexico
- 5.Mama, You've Been On My Mind / A Fraction Of Last Thoughts On Woody Guthrie - Jack Johnson
- 6.I Wanna Be Your Lover - Yo La Tango
- 7.You Ain't Goin' Nowhere - Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
- 8.Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window? - The Hold Steady
- 9.Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues - Ramblin' Jack Elliott
- 10.Wicked Messenger, The - The Black Keys
- 11.Cold Irons Bound - Tom Verlaine & the Millions Dollar Bashers
- 12.Times They Are a Changin', The - Mason Jennings
- 13.Maggie's Farm - Stephen Malkmus & The Million Dollar Bashers
- 14.When the Ship Comes In - Marcus Carl Franklin
- 15.Moonshiner - Bob Forrest
- 16.I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine - John Doe
- 17.Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Antony & The Johnsons
- 18.I'm Not There - Bob Dylan with The Band
Tributee: Bob Dylan.
Personnel: Tom Verlaine (vocals, guitar, slide guitar); David Hidalgo (vocals, guitar, accordion, keyboards); Sam Beam (vocals, guitar, piano); Ira Kaplan, Willie Nelson, Dan Auerbach, Craig Finn (vocals, guitar); Richie Havens (vocals, acoustic guitar, background vocals); Jeff Tweedy (vocals, acoustic guitar); Roger McGuinn (vocals, electric 12-string guitar); Mark‚ta Irglov (vocals, banjo); Georgia Hubley (vocals, drums); Salvador Duran, Eddie Vedder, Jim James, Mark Lanegan, Stephen Malkmus, Thurston Moore, Mira Billotte, Bob Forrest, Chan Marshall, Charlotte Gainsbourg (vocals); Joey Burns (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, nylon-string guitar, cello, accordion, piano, glockenspiel, upright bass, background vocals); Lee Ranaldo (guitar, acoustic guitar, piano, tambourine, siren); Nels Cline (guitar, electric guitar); Casey Foubert (guitar, lap steel guitar, background vocals); Greg Leisz (guitar, dobro, mandolin); Glen Hansard (guitar, harmonica); Doug Easley, Josh Schwartz , Doug Shaw, Kim Gordon, Loudon Wainwright III, Mabon "Teenie" Hodges, Peter Phillips , Smokey Hormel, Tad Kubler (guitar); Chris Bruce (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, background vocals); Sufjan Stevens (acoustic guitar, piano, Fender Rhodes piano, percussion); Walter Parks (acoustic guitar, background vocals); Kevin Barker (acoustic guitar); Doyle Bramhall II, Bryce Dessner (electric guitar); Cesar Rosas (bajo sexto, background vocals); Louie P‚rez (jarana); Salvador Gallegos III (vihuela); Fernando Valencia (violin); David Mansfield (fiddle); Marla Hansen (viola, background vocals); John Sebastian , Mickey Raphael (harmonica); Hideaki Aomori (saxophone); Marco Rosano (tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone); C.J. Camerieri, Kyle B. Resnick, Martin Wenk, Jacob Valenzuela (trumpet); Tim Albright, Ben Lanz (trombone); David Ralicke (horns); John Medeski (piano, Wurlitzer organ); Brian Deck (piano, marimba, bongos); Terry Adams , Rick Steff (piano); Stanley Dural (organ); Steve Berlin, Vincent Jones, Franz Nicolay (keyboards); David Piltch, Volker Zander (upright bass); John Convertino (drums, bass drum, percussion); James McAlister (drums, electronic drums, percussion, background vocals); Jay Bellerose, Cougar Estrada, Carla Azar (drums, percussion); Glenn Kotche, Patrick Carney, Steve Shelley (drums); George Drakoulias (percussion); Hubert Sumlin, Kelly Hogan, Portia Griffin, Jean McClain (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: TJ Doherty; Craig Schumacher; Dave McNair; David Bianco; Chad Weis; Aaron Mullan; Jim Scott ; John Agnello; Lee Ranaldo; Rob Bochnik; Robert Carranza; Roger Moutenot; Ryan Freeland; Ryan Hewitt; Stewart Lerman; Sufjan Stevens; Casey Foubert; Boo Macleod; Brian Deck; James McAlister.
Photographer: Jonathan Wenk.
Just as Todd Haynes's Bob Dylan biopic I'M NOT THERE takes an unusual approach by having several different people portraying the artist, so the accompanying soundtrack skirts expectations by sporting a wide variety of artists tackling the Dylan catalog, and including a wealth of lesser-known Dylan tunes. Over the course of two discs, Haynes assembles an impressive cast of contributors, from arena-size names (Eddie Vedder, Willie Nelson) to indie-rock cult heroes (Mark Lanegan, Sufjan Stevens) and Dylan contemporaries (Richie Havens, Ramblin' Jack Elliott).
Some of the tracks stick relatively close to the feel of the originals, like Wilco leader Jeff Tweedy's earthy, folk-rock take on "Simple Twist of Fate," while others leap headlong into reinvention, like Calexico and Iron & Wine's atmospheric, wah-wah-soaked collaboration on "Dark Eyes." In the end, one of the most significant accomplishments of this soundtrack may be the exposure of such relative esoterica as "Man in the Long Black Coat" and "Senor (Tales of Yankee Power)" to an audience outside the closed circle of devout Dylanologists. Oh, and the title track is a previously unreleased tune performed by the man himself. Take that, completists!
Down the Tracks: The Music That Influenced Bob Dylan (DVD)(3)
$4.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 56 ratings.
Based on 56 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE