Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2-CD)
by Various Artists
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 23, 2004
- Label: Interscope Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Theme From San Andreas - Michael Hunter
- 2.Killing in the Name - Rage Against The Machine
- 3.I Don't Give a Fuck - 2Pac
- 4.Payback, The - James Brown
- 5.West Coast Poplock - Ronnie Hudson
- 6.Groove Me - Guy
- 7.Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money
- 8.How I Could Just Kill a Man - Cypress Hill
- 9.Pressure Drop - The Maytals
- 10.Children's Story - Slick Rick
- 11.Cold Blooded - Rick James
- 12.Break 4 Love - Raze
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Funky Worm - Ohio Players
- 2.Barracuda - Heart
- 3.Hood Took Me Under - Compton's Most Wanted
- 4.Think About It - Lyn Collins
- 5.Rebel Without a Pause - Public Enemy
- 6.Midlife Crisis - Faith No More
- 7.Poison - Bell Biv DeVoe
- 8.Chase the Devil - Max Romeo & The Upsetters
- 9.I Know You Got Soul - Eric B. & Rakim
- 10.Crazy - Willie Nelson
- 11.Head Like a Hole - AFI (Bonus Track)
As the scenarios and graphics of home-system video games have increased in sophistication, so has the musical accompaniment. The complexly recreated worlds of early-2000s games like GRAND THEFT AUTO require a musical backdrop that is as dynamic, detailed, and energizing as the game itself. The 2004 installment, SAN ANDREAS, keeps with GRAND THEFT AUTO's paradigm of ever-changeable radio stations inside the cars that the game-players navigate. Players are able to flip between stations, genres, and moods at the touch of a control button.
Set in Southern California during the early 1990s, SAN ANDREAS features much of the music popular at the time, including hard-hitting rap (2Pac, Cypress Hill) and rock acts (Rage Against the Machine, Faith No More). But the well-selected soundtrack also ranges across the dial to include reggae and funk classics (Toots & the Maytals' "Pressure Drop," James Brown's "The Payback," respectively), '70s rock chestnuts (Heart's "Barracuda"); old-school hip-hop (Eric B. & Rakim's "I Know You Got Soul"), and curveball gems (Willie Nelson's "Crazy"). The package also includes a DVD that provides an introduction to the game.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE