Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2-CD)
by Various Artists
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 23, 2004
- Label: Interscope Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Theme From San Andreas - Michael Hunter
- 2.Killing in the Name - Rage Against The Machine
- 3.I Don't Give a Fuck - 2Pac
- 4.Payback, The - James Brown
- 5.West Coast Poplock - Ronnie Hudson
- 6.Groove Me - Guy
- 7.Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money
- 8.How I Could Just Kill a Man - Cypress Hill
- 9.Pressure Drop - The Maytals
- 10.Children's Story - Slick Rick
- 11.Cold Blooded - Rick James
- 12.Break 4 Love - Raze
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Funky Worm - Ohio Players
- 2.Barracuda - Heart
- 3.Hood Took Me Under - Compton's Most Wanted
- 4.Think About It - Lyn Collins
- 5.Rebel Without a Pause - Public Enemy
- 6.Midlife Crisis - Faith No More
- 7.Poison - Bell Biv DeVoe
- 8.Chase the Devil - Max Romeo & The Upsetters
- 9.I Know You Got Soul - Eric B. & Rakim
- 10.Crazy - Willie Nelson
- 11.Head Like a Hole - AFI (Bonus Track)
As the scenarios and graphics of home-system video games have increased in sophistication, so has the musical accompaniment. The complexly recreated worlds of early-2000s games like GRAND THEFT AUTO require a musical backdrop that is as dynamic, detailed, and energizing as the game itself. The 2004 installment, SAN ANDREAS, keeps with GRAND THEFT AUTO's paradigm of ever-changeable radio stations inside the cars that the game-players navigate. Players are able to flip between stations, genres, and moods at the touch of a control button.
Set in Southern California during the early 1990s, SAN ANDREAS features much of the music popular at the time, including hard-hitting rap (2Pac, Cypress Hill) and rock acts (Rage Against the Machine, Faith No More). But the well-selected soundtrack also ranges across the dial to include reggae and funk classics (Toots & the Maytals' "Pressure Drop," James Brown's "The Payback," respectively), '70s rock chestnuts (Heart's "Barracuda"); old-school hip-hop (Eric B. & Rakim's "I Know You Got Soul"), and curveball gems (Willie Nelson's "Crazy"). The package also includes a DVD that provides an introduction to the game.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE