by Various Artists
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$14.57 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.41 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Various Artists ~ The Bombay Connection, Volume 1: Funk From Bollywood Action Thrillers $16.28
by Howard Armstrong ~ Louie Bluie [Bonus Tracks] ~ $15.28
- Released: August 14, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Shanachie
The Wire - 10/01, p.74"...Zwigoff wears his record collector's heart on his sleeve....indulging his passion for rare blues recordings, the gritty patina of 78rpm discs very much in evidence..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Jaan Pechechaan Ho
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Graduation Rap
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Devil Got My Woman
- $0.99 on iTunes4.I Must Have It
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Miranda
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Pickin' Cotton Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Let's Go Riding
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Georgia on My Mind
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Palmas de Maracaibo, Las
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Clarice
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Scalding Hot Coffee Rag
- $0.99 on iTunes12.You're Just My Type
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Venezuela
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Fare Thee Well Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes15.C.C. & O. Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes16.C-H-I-C-K-E-N Spells Chicken
- $0.99 on iTunes17.That's No Way to Get Along
- $0.99 on iTunes18.So Tired
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Bye Bye Baby Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Theme from Ghost World
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Includes liner notes by Terry Zwigoff.
Liner Note Author: Terry Zwigoff.
In the era of soundtracks created more out of corporate synergy than artistic inspiration, the soundtrack to Ghost World is a wonderful treat. The music from the film based on the comic book by Daniel Clowes contains some great obscure blues and West Indian music transferred from vintage 78s as well as Indian film soundtrack music, new recordings of vintage jazz, and an original score by David Kitay, who also scored Clueless and Scary Movie. Standout tracks include the propulsive, rhythmic romp "Jaan Pehechaan Ho" by Mohammed Rafi, the humorous "C-h-i-c-k-e-n Spells Chicken" by McGee Bros, and the soulful "Bye Bye Baby Blues" by Little Hat Jones. Also of note is David Kitay's moody "Theme From Ghost World," which captures the bittersweet essence of the coming-of-age film perfectly. The songs chosen for Ghost World are obscure songs chosen clearly for their rarity and meaning, not commercial viability. The tenderness and appreciation with which each was selected can be heard in the subtle hisses and pops that remain from the original 78s. Ghost World is one of the most inspired and unique soundtracks in years. ~ JT Griffith
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 44 ratings.
Based on 44 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
99¢ on SALE