- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 21 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 6, 2013
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 09/23/1987
Los Angeles Times - 09/19/1987
"...It consistently sparkles and moves along gracefully..."
A romantically compulsive elementary school teacher (Robert Downey Jr.) meets his match in the form of a sassy museum guide (Molly Ringwald), who allows herself to be seduced--but then wants nothing more to do with him.
Lady's man Jack Jericho goes through life without a care in the world, seducing one woman after another. Then he meets indifferent museum guide Randy Jensen, who consents to a one-night stand but won't give him her phone number. Intrigued, Jack continues to pursue Randy, in the process helping free her alcoholic father from the huge gambling debt he owes the mob.
Scams And Cons |
- Budget estimate $15 million.
- Began shooting May 19, 1986; completed August 1986. Released in USA September 18, 1987. Released on video April 14, 1988.
Shot in DeLuxe color at, among other places, the Museum of Natural History, in New York City and Atlantic City, New Jersey. Sound by Dolby.
- Reviewed in the Monthly Film Bulletin 4/1989.
- Producer David L. MacLeod is executive producer Warren Beatty's cousin.
- Jilly Rizzo has a cameo in the film, playing the floor manager at the casino.
- Additional cast members: Brian Hamill (Mike), Tamara Bruno (Karen), Angie Kempf (Jack's student), and Mustang Ranch operator Tony Conforti (Tony).
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Film was originally rated R by the MPAA, but was re-edited to receive PG-13.