- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 6, 2013
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 10/02/1993
"...[FREAKED] has the candy-colored glow of a goofy psychedelic comic book and the irreverent sensibility of Mad Magazine..."
Entertainment Weekly - 03/11/1994
"...Deliriously rude....The kind of bite that makes suits nervous." -- Rating: A-
A sleazy TV actor travels to Santa Flan, a South American country. There he visits a circus sideshow only to be transformed into a freak by the creepo in charge. Beware - this film grinds into the guardrails of comedy. Watch for Keanu Reeves' cameo.
While on a promotional tour for a corrupt international conglomerate, mercenary actor Ricky Coogin, his best friend, and his would-be girlfriend are unwillingly transformed into circus freaks by sleazy road-show proprietor Elijah C. Skuggs. Ricky, now a beast-boy, and his cohorts soon join the ranks of Sockhead, Rosie the Pinhead, and the Hideous Frogman, to hatch a scheme to steal Skuggs' gene-altering formula, thereby returning everyone to their original states.
Cult Film |
- Copyright 1993 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.