Black Snake Moan [Original Soundtrack]
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: January 30, 2007
- Label: New West Records
Spin - p.873 stars out of 5 -- "Jessie Mae Hemphill's 'Standing In My Doorway Crying' simply breaks your heart."
Living Blues - p.37"[Jackson sings] in craggy low-tenor tones that ooze sincerity. The high point of the disc is Jackson's assertive recitation of 'Stack-O-Lee'..."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.943 stars out of 5 -- "BLACK SNAKE MOAN could be the record that does for the blues what the OH BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU? collection did for bluegrass."
- 1.Opening Theme - Scott Bomar
- 2.Ain't But One Kind of Blues - Son House
- 3.Just Like a Bird Without a Feather - Samuel L. Jackson
- 4.When the Lights Go Out - The Black Keys
- 5.Standing in My Doorway Crying - Jessie Mae Hemphill
- 6.Chicken Heads - Bobby Rush
- 7.Black Snake Moan - Samuel L. Jackson
- 8.Morning Train - Precious Bryant
- 9.Losing Kind, The - John Doe
- 10.Lord Have Mercy on Me - Outrageous Cherry
- 11.Ronnie and Rae's Theme - Scott Bomar
- 12.Chain, The - Scott Bomar
- 13.Alice Mae - Samuel L. Jackson
- 14.Stack-O-Lee - Samuel L. Jackson
- 15.Old Black Mattie - R.L. Burnside
- 16.That's Where the Blues Started - Son House
- 17.Mean Old Wind Died Down - North Mississippi Allstars
Personnel: Luther Dickinson, Scott Bomar (guitar); Roy Brewer (strings); Charlie Musselwhite (harmonica); Jim Dickinson (electric piano); Cody Dickinson (drums, washboard); Otha Turner (bass drum); Edward Murray (timpani).
Audio Mixers: John Hampton; Kevin Houston .
Recording information: Ardent Studios, Memphis, TN; Electraphonic Recordings.
Photographer: Alan Apearman.
Arrangers: Jason Freeman; Precious Bryant; Scott Bomar; Marc Franklin.
The soundtrack to the director Craig Brewer's sexually charged movie BLACK SNAKE MOAN expertly evokes the film's steamy Southern atmosphere, with contributions from the contemporary garage rock outfit the Black Keys, the mesmerizing Mississippi blues singer and guitarist Jessie Mae Hemphill, the juke joint performer R.L. Burnside, and one of its stars, Samuel L. Jackson, who performs creditable versions of the Blind Lemon Jefferson song from which the movie takes its name, and the blues classic "Stack-O-Lee."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 43 ratings.
Based on 43 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE