Carmine Coppola Apocalypse Now Redux [Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack]
|You Save:||$4.40 (26% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Apocalypse Now Redux ~ $10.62
- by Soundtrack ~ Full Metal Jacket [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $9.88
- by Joseph Trapanese / M83 / Anthony Gonzales ~ Oblivion [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $13.49
- Released: July 31, 2001
- Label: Nonesuch
- 1.End, The - (with The Doors)
- 2.Apocalypse Now, film score: The Delta
- 3.Apocalypse Now, film score: Dossier
- 4.Apocalypse Now, film score: Orange Light
- 5.Die Walk?re (The Valkyrie), opera, WWV 86b: Ride of the Valkyries - (with Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra)
- 6.Suzie Q - (with Flash Cadillac)
- 7.Nung River (for Apocalypis Now)
- 8.Do Lung (for Apocalypse Now): Do Lung
- 9.Apocalypse Now, film score: Letter's From Home
- 10.Clean's Death (for Apocalypse Now)
- 11.Apocalypse Now, film score: Clean's Funeral - (previously unreleased)
- 12.Apocalypse Now, film score: Love Theme - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Apocalypse Now, film score: Chief's Death
- 14.Apocalypse Now, film score: Voyage
- 15.Apocalypse Now, film score: Chef's Head
- 16.Apocalypse Now, film score: Kurtz Chorale
- 17.Apocalypse Now, film score: Finale
Original score composed by Carmine Coppola and Francis Copolla.
Personnel includes: Randy Hansen (guitar); Carmine Copolla (flute); Patrick Gleeson, Richard Beggs, Benard L. Krause, Ed Goldfarb, Don Preston, Shirley Walker, Nyle Steiner (synthesizer); Mickey Hart (percussion); The Rhythm Devils.
Includes liner notes by Francis Coppola.
Personnel: Carmine Coppola (flute); Sheila Ellis, Jeanie Tracy (vocals); Randy Hansen (guitar); Ed Goldfarb, Don Preston , Nyle Steiner, Richard Beggs, Patrick Gleeson, Shirley Walker (synthesizer).
Audio Mixer: Richard Beggs.
Liner Note Author: Francis Ford Coppola.
Recording information: American Zoetrope Studios, San Francisco, CA; CBS Studio Center, Los Angeles, CA; Club Front, San Rafael, CA; Different Fur Music, San Francisco, CA; The Automatt, San Francisco, CA.
Photographer: Josh Weiner.
With Francis Ford Coppola's expanded Apocalypse Now Redux came the release of the film's electronic score, complete with newly recorded music to cover the added scenes. The original 1979 soundtrack album contained most of Martin Sheen's narration as well as dialogue and sound effects from the movie, functioning more as a souvenir than a musical listening experience and drowning out a lot of Carmine Coppola's music. The new release finally features just the underscore along with other pivotal music cues, including "The End" by the Doors, "Susie Q," and the stirring "Ride of the Valkyries." Originally written for a full orchestra and then realized on synthesizers, the music for Apocalypse Now Redux tends to sound dated and somewhat sterile, even while the recording itself is particularly crisp. Still, it's an interesting and welcome CD (especially for hardcore devotees of the film), even if the "Love Theme" for one of the film's new scenes sticks out like a sore thumb and Mickey Hart's contributions (with the Diga Rhythm Devils) are all too brief. ~ Neil Shurley
The Outsiders: The Complete Novel (WS) (Special Ed.) (2-DVD)(505)
$24.10 Super Savings
The Godfather Part III (The Coppola Restoration) (DVD)(215)
$10.84 Super Savings
The Outsiders (30th Anniversary Complete Novel Ed.)... (Blu-ray)(982)
$16.34 Super Savings
La La Land (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$9.71 Super Savings
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)(2)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!