The Nativity / Pontius Pilate (Classic Television Double Feature)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
by Bob Dylan ~ Christmas in the Heart ~ $12.06
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 56 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: September 25, 2007
- Originally Released: 1952
- Label: Alpha Video
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Geraldine Page, Paul Tripp, Hurd Hatfield & Geraldine Fitzgerald|
|Directed by||Franklin J. Schaffner|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Franklin Schaffner directed 109 episodes of the "Studio One" series between 1948 and 1956 and continued his television career with "Playhouse 90" and "The Defenders." He switched to theatrical features in the 1960s and embarked on an outstanding string of dramas and thrillers, including Planet of the Apes (1968), Nicholas and Alexandria (1971), Papillion (1973), and The Boys from Brazil (1978). Schaffner's crowning achievement, however, was his Oscar-winning direction of Patton in 1970.
Starring Paul Tripp, Hurd Hatfield, Thomas Chalmers, Miriam Wolfe; Directed by Franklin Shaffner.
Pontius Pilate: In the Roman year 783, Pontius Pilate is faced with a torturous decision concerning the fate of Jesus of Nazareth, called by some the King of the Jews. The High Priest in Jerusalem has demanded that the tormented governor execute Jesus as an enemy of the state. Pilate's half-Jewish wife, Procula, pleads with him to free the man who many believe has been sent by God to redeem them. Fearing an uprising by the prophet's followers, Pilate approaches a horrendous moment of truth that will forever alter the course of civilization.
This superbly acted drama was aired live on CBS on April 7, 1952 as part of Westinghouse Studio One. It is presented here exactly as television audiences first viewed it, complete with the original commercial segments featuring Betty Furness. In her 1939 American screen debut, Dublin-trained stage actress Geraldine Fitzgerald appeared with Laurence Olivier in Wuthering Heights. Cyril Ritchard is best remembered as the ultimate Captain Hook in the classic 1955 television broadcast of Peter Pan, where he reprised his Tony-Award winning role from the Broadway stage production.
Starring Cyril Ritchard, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Francis L. Sullivan, Berry Kroeger; Directed by Franklin Shaffner.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 16,011
- UPC: 089218542298
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE