The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (Blu-ray) ~ $16.13
- by Original Broadway Cast ~ Priscilla Queen of the Desert: The Musical ~ $16.59
- To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar ~ $6.95
- Released: May 7, 2005
- Label: Fontana Island
- 1.I've Never Been to Me - Charlene
- 2.Go West - Village People
- 3.Billy Don't Be a Hero - Paper Lace
- 4.My Baby Loves Lovin' - White Plains
- 5.I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round) - Alicia Bridges (original version)
- 6.Can't Help Lovin' That Man - Trudy Richards
- 7.I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
- 8.Fine Romance, A - Lena Horne
- 9.Shake Your Groove Thing - Peaches & Herb (original mix)
- 10.I Don't Care If the Sun Don't Shine - Patti Page
- 11.Finally - CeCe Peniston (7" choice mix)
- 12.Take a Letter Maria - R.B. Greaves
- 13.Mamma Mia - ABBA
- 14.Save the Best For Last - Vanessa Williams
- 15.I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round) - Alicia Bridges (real rapino 7" mix)
- 16.Go West-the Village People (Original 12" Mix)
- 17.I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor (1993 Phil Kelsey classic 12" mix)
- 18.Shake Your Groove Thing - Peaches & Herb (original 12" mix)
- 19.I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round) - Alicia Bridges (Phillip Damien extended vox)
Producers include: Ron Miller, Jacques Morali, Steve Buckingham, Dino Fekaris, Freddie Perren.
Arranger: Keith Thomas .
Stephen Elliot's 1994 film The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert sparkled as it traced the journey of two drag queens, a transsexual, and their pink bus "Priscilla" across the Australian outback. The visuals alone were worth the price of admission, but, with songs leaping off the big screen and onto CD, the accompanying soundtrack album was equally as vibrant, an aural lipstick smear across some of the most classic club staples the scene had to offer. Relying most heavily on the "gay club" anthems of the late '70s, the soundtrack could have stood its ground as a nice disco hits package. But the incorporation of a full spectrum of material boosted The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert to even brighter heights. While the Village People classic "Go West," Alicia Bridges' one-hit wonder "I Love the Nightlife (Disco Round)," and Gloria Gaynor's 1978 chest-beater "I Will Survive," for example, make the first point, it's the inclusion of Patti Page's 1950 hit "I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine" and Charlene's 1980 tear-jerker "I've Never Been to Me" that makes the second. And, although they ultimately detract from the album's overall cohesion, club kids will be thrilled with a handful of extended mix tracks cobbled onto the end of the set. While the regular 12" "Go West" isn't too unusual, the seriously updated 1993 12" mix of "I Will Survive" and the "I Love the Nightlife (Disco Round)" extended vocal mix are devilishly hard to find. The end result is as vivacious, stunning, and beautiful as the celluloid imprint of that pink bus, music booming from the windows, hitching across the sun-baked earth. ~ Amy Hanson
Wicked: A New Musical [Original Broadway Cast Recording] (CD)
$6.54 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 47 ratings.
Based on 47 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE