Across the Universe [Deluxe Version] (2-CD)
by Various Artists
Only 4 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$16.51 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.47 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Across the Universe ~ $6.95
- Across the Universe (Widescreen) (Deluxe Edition) (2-DVD) ~ $5.98 (Save 70%)
- by Various Artists ~ Across the Universe [Original Soundtrack] ~ $6.74
- by Various Artists ~ Moulin Rouge [Original Soundtrack] ~ $4.48
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 23, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Interscope Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Girl - Jim Sturgess
- 2.Hold Me Tight - Evan Rachel Wood
- 3.All My Loving - Jim Sturgess
- 4.I Want to Hold Your Hand - T.V. Carpio
- 5.With a Little Help from My Friends - Jim Sturgess / Joe Anderson
- 6.It Won't Be Long - Evan Rachel Wood
- 7.I've Just Seen a Face - Jim Sturgess
- 8.Let It Be - Timothy T. Mitchum / Carol Woods
- 9.Come Together - Joe Cocker
- 10.If I Fell - Evan Rachel Wood
- 11.Dear Prudence - Jim Sturgess / T.V. Carpio / Evan Rachel Wood / Dana Fuchs
- 12.Flying - Secret Machines
- 13.Blue Jay Way - Secret Machines
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.I Am the Walrus - Secret Machines / Bono
- 2.Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite - Eddie Izzard
- 3.Because - Jim Sturgess / T.V. Carpio / Martin Luther "M.L." McCoy / Evan Rachel Wood / Dana Fuchs / Joe Anderson
- 4.Something - Jim Sturgess
- 5.Oh! Darling - Martin Luther "M.L." McCoy / Dana Fuchs
- 6.Strawberry Fields Forever - Jim Sturgess / Joe Anderson
- 7.Revolution - Jim Sturgess
- 8.While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Martin Luther "M.L." McCoy
- 9.Across the Universe - Jim Sturgess
- 10.Helter Skelter - Dana Fuchs
- 11.Happiness Is a Warm Gun - Joe Anderson / Selma Hayek
- 12.Blackbird - Evan Rachel Wood
- 13.Hey Jude - Joe Anderson
- 14.Don't Let Me Down - Dana Fuchs
- 15.All You Need Is Love - Jim Sturgess / Dana Fuchs
- 16.Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - Bono
Composer: Elliot Goldenthal .
Audio Mixers: Joel Iwataki; Mike Piersante; Brandon Mason.
Recording information: Brooklyn Recording, New York, NY; Legacy Recording, New York, NY; Manhattan Center, New York, NY; The Village, Los Angeles, CA.
Author: Julie Taymor.
As soundtracks to Beatles-inspired movies go, Across the Universe -- the companion piece to Julie Taymor's pseudo-psychedelic fantasmagoria extravaganza that tells the story of the '60s through the tunes of the Fab Four -- has bewilderingly gaudy moments, but it's not as appallingly tacky as Sgt. Pepper or as stuffy as All This and World War II. Still, Taymor's overly designed fantasia is at once too tasteful and too garish, which is an odd combination for an odd movie -- and something that may be more gripping onscreen than it is on record. Dana Fuchs furiously channels Melissa Etheridge (especially on "Helter Skelter") when her performance is isolated as music, although the biggest surprise is that Bono not only looks like a dead ringer for Robin Williams in the film, but he sounds a bit like him too, with overly earnest readings of "I Am the Walrus" and "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." Much of the rest slides by agreeably enough. Jim Sturgess has the same plainspoken delivery as Ewan MacGregor in Moulin Rouge, which helps in love songs from "All My Loving" to "Something" -- and he does a credible job on the rockabilly revamp of "I've Just Seen a Face" -- while Joe Cocker steals the show with his slinky, funky, spacy version of "Come Together." And, apart from Bono and Fuchs' too-strong soulful belting, nothing is distracting -- but the biggest strength of Across the Universe may be that, when considered in its entirety, it mainly whets the appetite for the original recordings. [The deluxe version of Across the Universe is a double-disc, 29-track set containing almost all of the songs featured in Taymor's film, all presented in the order they are in the film.] ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Hawaiian Eye (Original Music & Stars From The TV Show) (CD)
$8.48 LABOR DAY
Songs, Themes & Laughs From "The Andy Griffith Show" (CD)
$5.07 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 285 ratings.
Based on 285 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE