- Released: November 7, 1995
- Label: MCA Int'l
- 1.Spirits in the Material World - Pato Banton / Sting
- 2.Secret Agent Man - Blues Traveler
- 3.Don't Change - The Goo Goo Dolls
- 4.Burnin' Rubber - Mr. Mirainga
- 5.Boll Weevil - The Presidents of the United States of America
- 6.Blur the Technicolor - White Zombie
- 7.Watusi Rodeo - The Reverend Horton Heat
- 8.Here Comes the Night - Native
- 9.Jungle Groove - Montell Jordan
- 10.Ife - Ang‚lique Kidjo
- 11.My Pet - Matthew Sweet
- 12.It's Alright - Blessid Union of Souls
- 13.Ace in Africa - Robert Folk
Producers include: Trevor Horn, Steve Thompson, Michael Barbiero, Jerry Finn, Mr. Mirainga.
Compilation producers: Danny Bramson, Kathy Nelson.
Personnel: Christian Lachenal, Sally Bradshaw (vocals); Dominic Miller, Michael Thompson (guitar); Garry Hughes (keyboards, programming); Jean H‚brail, Lester Mendez (programming).
Audio Mixers: Chad Munsey; Greg Mull; Tim Weidner; Tommy Vicari; Bob Clearmountain.
This various-artists collection is paced by a remake of the Police's "Spirits in the Material World" by Pato Banton with Sting, that gives a more reggae interpretation to a song that always leaned toward reggae (there's also a reggae/toasting cover of the old Them hit "Here Comes the Night," by Native); a faithful remake of Johnny Rivers' "Secret Agent Man," by Blues Traveler; and tracks by such currently hip acts as the Goo Goo Dolls, the Presidents of the United States of America, Matthew Sweet, and Blessid Union of Souls. The result is a good sampler of alternative and hard rock (plus some tame world music), circa 1995. ~ William Ruhlmann