- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 20, 2003
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 08/02/1996
"...[A] wholly original movie, warm-hearted but not precious, and possessed of a gently wacky sensibility..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 08/30/1996
"...The movie is serious about its characters....It's also interesting the way Krueger develops a hidden theme..."
A pair of sisters on the run from their respective foster homes, sixteen-year-old Lo (Aleksa Palladino) and eleven-year-old Manny (Scarlett Johansson, LOST IN TRANSLATION) travel from vacant model home to model home until they discover that Lo is seven months pregnant. Unsure how to handle this new development, the girls do what comes naturally--they kidnap a woman from the local maternity store and move in to a remote vacation cabin!
Runaway teenage sisters Manny and Lo have escaped from numerous foster homes, and are accustomed to living on the road. The sisters' lives take a bizarre turn when they kidnap a very strange woman named Elaine, and shack up at an abandoned house in the woods. But when Lo makes a shocking revelation, it actually serves to bond Elaine with her young captors, and the three form a makeshift family.
However, many surprises await this trio, and their unity may be the only thing they can count on...
Coming Of Age |
Family Interaction |
Kidnapping And Missing Persons |
- Shown at the 1996 Sundance Film Festival.
- A 1996 theatrical release.
- Presented by Pope Entertainment Group and Klaus Volkenborn.
- Produced by Silvers/Hecht Productions.
- Additional executive producer: Pope Entertainment Group
- Color by Technicolor.
- Directorial debut of Lisa Krueger.
- Feature film acting debut of Aleksa Palladino.
- Additional credits: Dina Goldman (set decorator); Jennifer Parker (costume design); Irin Strauss (sound); Gary Kauffman (associate producer); Wendy Jo Cohen (assistant director).
- Copyright 1996 Manny and Lo Films, LLC.