One Year Later
|CYBER SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 31, 2007
- Originally Released: 1933
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Mary Brian, Russell Hopton, Donald Dillaway & George Irving|
|Directed by||E. Mason Hopper & Russell Hopton|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Mary Brian began her career as Wendy in 1924's silent screen version of Peter Pan. In her very first sound role, she appeared opposite Gary Cooper in the 1929 production of The Virginian. She spent the remainder of the decade with Paramount, and stayed afloat throughout the 1930s, playing a variety of roles opposite such stars as W.C. Fields and Henry Fonda.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
"One Year Later" shows that with solid stars
and inspired direction, poverty row movies
could be memorable. This had Mary Brian
and Don Dillaway on the honeymoon express
but just one year later a tearful Brian is at the
station alone!! Russell Hopton is a standout
as the consumptive reporter.
Interesting and in some cases unique direction by a long-time silent movie director; good pre-Code story. Reasonably tight editing, and the plot clicks right along.
Another delightful surprise in the low-budget genre of the early 1930's - a movie with a story line which, despite its far-fetchedness, somehow works and makes for a compelling drama.
Although the beginning of this film wasn't promising, it proved to be well worth watching.
The central character is Molly. Her husband Jim has been sentenced to death, and is being taken by train to the prison at which he is to be electrocuted. Molly has got a berth on the train in the hope that she might reconcile with him, might grab what snatches of time remain for them. But Jim refuses to see her; indeed, he had killed the man in whose apartment he'd found her.
Riding to his own death is Tony, headed to a sanatorium. Tony is a reporter who knows something of the story of Molly and Jim, who learns more from Molly, and who determines to do what he might for Molly.
This isn't a murder mystery; the ending cannot see Jim exonerated. Nonetheless, the resolution offers Molly and Jim a grim salvation.
- Sales Rank: 20,863
- UPC: 089218540294
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER SALE
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER SALE
- The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~ $10.38 CYBER SALE
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER SALE
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow (CD) ~ 79¢ CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Music Videos (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Refuse 2 Die: The Unauthorized Biography (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Shoot First (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE