2Pac Tupac: Resurrection [Original Soundtrack]
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 10, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Amaru / Interscope
Uncut - 1/04, p.1124 stars out of 5 - "[I]t's intense and itchy."
- 3.One Day at a Time - (Em's version, featuring Eminem / Outlawz)
- 4.Death Around the Corner
- 5.Secretz of War
- 6.Runnin' (Dying to Live) - (featuring The Notorious B.I.G.)
- 7.Holler If Ya Hear Me
- 8.Starin' Through My Rear View
- 9.Bury Me a G
- 10.Same Song
- 11.Panther Power
- 12.Str8 Ballin'
- 13.Rebel of the Underground
- 14.Realist Killaz, The - (featuring 50 Cent)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Music from and inspired by the motion picture TUPAC RESURRECTION: THE SOUNDTRACK.
Personnel: Live Squad (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Afeni Shakur.
Recording information: Echo Sound Studios, Los Angeles, CA.
On "Death Around the Corner," 2Pac proclaimed "Murder me now, see me later," a boast which proved prophetic on both ends. While Tupac Shakur died in 1996, his music has maintained popularity and retained relevancy. That considered, the title for the 2003 documentary about his life, TUPAC: RESURRECTION, is fitting, since the spirit of the tragic thug-poet never really left the hip-hop world. The critically acclaimed movie examines Shakur's all-too-short life in a manner befitting the introspective rapper, using his own words to narrate the action, as scenes from various times in his life are spliced with images of his formative environment.
Not surprisingly, RESURRECTION's soundtrack is easily the most satisfying of the various 2Pac compilations, a prismatic examination of the music produced by a constantly conflicted man. TUPAC: RESURRECTION collects 2Pac songs from all of his albums, opting to search for the most representative tracks, instead of just grabbing the hits. These tunes range in character, from the powerful, affecting "Starin' Through My Rear View" to the goofy Digital Underground track "Same Song." TUPAC: RESURRECTION also features posthumous duets with 50 Cent, Eminem and, most compellingly, "Runnin' (Dying to Live)," which combines the recorded words of 2Pac and Notorious B.I.G., his chief rival.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 195 ratings.
Based on 195 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Based On A T.R.U. Story [Deluxe Explicit Version] (CD)
$16.51 Super Savings
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE