Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 30, 2013
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Note: Original theatrical trailer
- More Monroe movie trailers
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 08/01/2013
"BUS STOP's down-on-her-luck wannabe [embodies] the sizzle and sadness that underpinned her bombshell persona."
Based on the Broadway hit by William Inge, this comic drama is about a rancher who falls for a nightclub singer while stranded at a bus stop in a blizzard. Monroe's dramatic breakthrough movie and the first films from Lange and Murray, who eventually married. Academy Award Nominations: Best Actor--Don Murray.
Based on the William Inge play, "Bus Stop" concerns Bo, a young, obnoxious rancher, who has just arrived in Phoenix to compete in a rodeo. While in a rowdy, cowboy-infested restaurant, he becomes smitten with Cherie, an over-the-hill but still sexy saloon singer. Soon after meeting her, the immature Bo decides he's ready to wed his new love; unfortunately for him, she is not at all interested. As a result, the pair engages in an emotional -- and physical -- battle for Cherie's mind, body and soul.
- Film debuts for both Don Murray and Hope Lange.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Kim Stanley played the role of Cherie in the stage version.
- Additional cast: Henry Slate (Manager of Nightclub); Terry Kelman (Gerald); Linda Brace (Evelyn); Helen Mayon (Landlady); and Lucille Knox (Blonde).
- Additional credit: The Four Lads (song performers).