That Touch of Mink
Only 6 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$14.47 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.48 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- 2.35:1 ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN ASPECT RATIO
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 30, 2013
- Originally Released: 1962
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Cary Grant & Doris Day|
|Performer:||Audrey Meadows, Gig Young, John Fiedler, Richard Sargent, John Astin & Alan Hewitt|
|Directed by||Delbert Mann|
|Edited by||Ted J. Kent|
|Screenwriting by||Stanley Shapiro & Nate Monaster|
|Composition by||George Duning|
|Produced by||Stanley Shapiro & Martin Melcher|
|Director of Photography:||Russell Metty|
Of Doris Day, comedian-pianist Oscar Levant once observed, "I knew her before she was a virgin." Indeed, playing a woman who always says "no" proved quite profitable for the wholesome singer in a series of light comedies in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Here in THAT TOUCH OF MINK, she plays newly unemployed New York secretary Cathy Timberlake, who meets handsome and wealthy business magnate Philip Shayne (Cary Grant) when his car accidentally splatters her dress with mud. Her annoyance about her dress is vaporized by his charm, and she agrees to join him on a business trip to Baltimore. There they attend a baseball game which features amusing appearances by diamond greats Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, and Yogi Berra. They stop for drinks en route to New York, where Philip impresses the young woman by giving a speech at the United Nations. Feeling that he's finally gotten past the necessary preliminaries, he asks Cathy to accompany him to Bermuda, where clearly, he hopes the relationship will reach a new plateau. If one can accept the film's outdated premise, there are some truly amusing moments in this featherweight farce.
THAT TOUCH OF MINK is a romantic comedy in which a millionaire tries to win over the heart of a savvy salesgirl from a New York department store. He bestows luscious gifts upon her and eventually takes her on a trip to Bermuda, with the intent of making her his mistress. But Cathy has set her sights on something a little more permanent....
- Color by Eastman by Pathe.
- Produced by Nob Hill Productions Inc., in association with the Granley Company and Irwin Productions Inc.
- Additional cast: Joey Faye, Laurie Mitchell, Willard Sage, and Jack Livesey.
- Copyright 1962 Granley Company.
Doris Day and Rock Hudson Comedy Collection (2-DVD)
$16.09 LABOR DAY
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Abbott & Costello - Dance with Me, Henry (Blu-ray)
$21.72 LABOR DAY
Top ranking DVD:
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Blake of Scotland Yard (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 3 Pack Action: The Delta Force / Delta Force 2 / Code of Silence (DVD) ~ $2.38 on SALE