Harlem Double Feature: Dirty Gertie From Harlem U.S.A. (1946) / Sepia Cinderella (1947)
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Boarding House Blues ~ $5.95
- Harlem Collection, Volume 1 (15-DVD) ~ $52.50
- Harlem Double Feature: Dirty Gertie From Harlem U.S.A. (1946) / Sepia Cinderella (1947) - 11" x 17"... ~ $7.98
- Harlem Double Feature: Miracle In Harlem (1948) / Ten Minutes To Live (1932) ~ $5.95
- Harlem Double Feature: Souls of Sin (1949) / Murder On Lennox Avenue (1941) ~ $5.95
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 31, 2007
- Originally Released: 1946
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Spencer Williams & Don Wilson|
|Directed by||Spencer Williams & Arthur Leonard|
|Screenplay by||True T. Thompson & Vincent Valenti|
Description by OLDIES.com:
A native of Harlem, Francine Everett was a multi-talented performer, acting, singing, and dancing her way across stage and screen. A stand- out in race films , Francine appeared in several of the genre's best pictures, including Paradise in Harlem, Big Timers, and Ebony Parade.
Starring Francine Everett, Don Wilson, Katherine Moore, Alfred Hawkins; Screenplay by True T. Thompson; Directed by Spencer Williams.
Sepia Cinderella (1947, B&W): Bob Jordan is an aspiring songwriter with a melody stuck in his head. Naive in the ways of love, he's having some trouble writing the lyrics for his would-be hit. Barbara, a fellow musician and secret admirer, helps him finish the romantic ballad. "Cinderella" becomes an instant smash, and as Jordan's career takes off, lovelorn Barbara can only watch as her man slips away. Fame is a fickle thing, though, and Bob's flirtation with the fast life is short. Loveless and jobless, his agent has a brilliant idea to get his career back on track - a Cinderella contest. The gimmick is simple; at Jordan's next show, every available woman in the audience will bring a single slipper. The owner of the slipper that Bob selects will be invited upstage to join him in performing a duet of his signature song. The big night arrives, and Barbara happens to be in the audience. Will he finally make the right choice?
Sepia Cinderella is carried by a pair of notable actor/musicians. Billy Daniels rose to fame as a recording artist and nightclub performer, and would later go on to act and sing in three long running Broadway musicals. Sheila Guyse was a popular singer and star of numerous stage productions, though she only made a few appearances in film.
Starring Billy Daniels, Sheila Guyse; Screenplay Vincent Valenti; Directed by Arthur Leonard.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 8,527
- UPC: 089218538994
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 10cc Live in Concert (DVD) ~ $14.81 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Tupac - Hip Hop Genius (DVD) ~ $6.15 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac / Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Vs. Biggie: The Legacy Continues (DVD) ~ $8.63 CYBER WEEK