Things Are Getting Better
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 23, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Fantasy
- 1.Blues Oriental
- 2.A Few Words
- 3.Things Are Getting Better
- 4.Serves Me Right [Take 5]
- 5.Groovin' High
- 6.Sidewalks of New York [Take 5]
- 7.Sounds For Sid
- 8.Just One of Those Things
- 9.Serves Me Right [Take 4, Alternate]
- 10.Sidewalks of New York [Take 4, Alternate]
Full performer name: Cannonball Adderley/Milt Jackson.
Personnel: Cannonball Adderley (alto saxophone); Milt Jackson (vibraphone); Wynton Kelly (piano); Percy Heath (acoustic bass); Art Blakey (drums).
Recorded at Reeves Sound Studios, New York, New York on October 28, 1958. Originally released on Riverside (1128). Includes liner notes by Orrin Keepnews.
Digitally remastered by Joe Tarantino (1989, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: Cannonball Adderley (alto saxophone); Wynton Kelly (piano); Art Blakey (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.
Liner Note Author: Willard Jenkins.
Recording information: Reeves Sound Studios, New York City (10/28/1958).
Of course, alto saxophonist Julian "Cannonball" Adderley played with Miles Davis on several classic sessions, and his collaborations with Bill Evans on 1961's KNOW WHAT I MEAN and with Wes Montgomery on 1960's THE POLLWINNERS are widely beloved. But this 1958 date, where Adderley and vibraphonist Milt "Bags" Jackson go head to head, may be the finest of Adderley's collaborative sessions.
Jackson, forever remembered as an integral member of the Modern Jazz Quartet, is the greatest vibes player in jazz history. He creates powerful solos with the distinctively mellow percussion instrument. Jackson's inimitable playing meshes beautifully with Adderley's hard-bop style, whether on such originals as "Groovin' High" or on standards like Cole Porter's "Just One of those Things." Any album featuring either of these players is worth hearing. An album showcasing both--with powerhouse drummer Art Blakey, bassist Percy Heath, and pianist Wynton Kelly, to boot--is an absolute must-own.
Things Are Getting Better (20-Bit K2 Super Coding) (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE