Chet Baker The Best of Lerner and Loewe
11 copies available
|CYBER SALE:||$9.99 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.99 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Bill Evans ~ How My Heart Sings! ~ $9.99
- by Miles Davis ~ Miles At The Fillmore, 1970: The Bootleg Series Volume 3 (4-CD) ~ $35.75
- by Gerry Mulligan / Thelonious Monk ~ Mulligan Meets Monk [Remastered] ~ $9.99
- by Wes Montgomery ~ So Much Guitar! ~ $9.99
- by Cannonball Adderley / Milt Jackson ~ Things Are Getting Better ~ $9.99
- Released: July 23, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Fantasy
- 1.I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face [From My Fair Lady]
- 2.I Could Have Danced All Night [From My Fair Lady]
- 3.The Heather On The Hill [From Brigadoon]
- 4.On The Street Where You Live [From My Fair Lady]
- 5.Almost Like Being In Love [From Brigadoon]
- 6.Thank Heaven For Little Girls [From Gigi]
- 7.I Talk To The Trees [From Paint Your Wagon]
- 8.Show Me [From My Fair Lady]
Personnel: Chet Baker (trumpet); Zoot Sims (alto & tenor saxophones); Pepper Adams (baritone saxophone); Herbie Mann (flute); Bill Evans, Bob Corwin (piano); Earl May (bass); Clifford Jarvis (drums).
Recorded in New York, New York on July 21 & 22, 1959. Originally released on Riverside (1152). Includes original liner notes by Orrin Keepnews.
Digitally remastered by Kirk Felton (1984, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: Chet Baker (trumpet); Herbie Mann (flute); Zoot Sims (tenor saxophone); Pepper Adams (baritone saxophone); Clifford Jarvis (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.
Liner Note Author: James Rozzi.
Recording information: Reeves Sound Studios, New York City, NY (07/21/1959-07/22/1959).
On this 1959 release Chet Baker and company perform intimate renditions of such memorable tunes as "I Could Have Danced all Night," from My Fair Lady, and "Almost Like Being in Love," from Brigadoon. Perhaps the most endearing selection on the album is the haunting ballad, "I Talk to the Trees," from Paint Your Wagon, which features a melancholy solo from Baker, and a soft-spoken but gritty tenor solo by the great Zoot Sims.
"Show Me" (also from My Fair Lady), is marked by the sparse yet melodic jabs of the great pianist Bill Evans. Baker himself improvises in an uncharacteristically outspoken manner on this track, and Herbie Mann and Zoot Sims both perform blazing solos on flute and alto sax respectively. Teen drummer Clifford Jarvis shines on all eight tracks, playing with the maturity of one more than twice his age. On this downbeat set, Baker and troupe add charm, even potency, to these Lerner and Loewe chestnuts.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD)
99¢ CYBER SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
99¢ CYBER SALE
Top Hits of the 80s: 18 Original Hits (Wooden Gift Box) (CD)
99¢ CYBER SALE