Melvins Stoner Witch
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.67 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.32 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 11, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Atlantic
Rolling Stone - 1/26/95, p.623.5 Stars - Very Good - "...STONER WITCH remains a journey without maps, destination unknown. Many of the songs are built around conventional metal structures, the path of least commercial resistance..."
Spin - 1/95, p.75Highly Recommended - "...Four years down the line, STONER WITCH might be seen as the point where the Melvins started a steep slide toward something like cultdom, but right now, the album sounds like their masterpiece..."
Alternative Press - 2/95, p.67"...STONER WITCH remains true to your school, as exhilarating as 50 minutes spent on a relentless morphine dripfeed can be..."
- 3.Sweet Willy Rollbar
- 5.Goose Freight Train
- 7.At the Stake
- 8.Magic Pig Detective
- 10.June Bug
Melvins: King B. (vocals, guitar, bass); Mark D. (bass, guitar, background vocals); Dale C. (drums, guitar, background vocals).
Additional personnel: Paul Dicarli (Moog).
Recorded at A&M Studios, Hollywood, California.
Personnel: Buzz Osborne (vocals, guitar); Mark D. (guitar, bass guitar, background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Joe Barresi.
Recording information: A&M Studios, Hollywood, CA.
Photographer: Annalisa .
Unknown Contributor Role: Scott Humphrey.
Released during the Melvins' mid-1990s major-label stint (a move orchestrated by longtime friend and supporter Kurt Cobain), STONER WITCH finds the Washington State ensemble reveling in glacial grandeur, slowly deploying juggernaut riffs and pummeling rhythms. As always, "King Buzzo" Osborne leads the group with his gruff vocals and alternately stinging and sludgy guitar lines, as evinced on the thrillingly ominous "Queen" and the stomping "Revolve," tracks that also highlight drummer Dale Crover's powerful percussion. Featuring the Melvins' trusty tendency for absurdity (see the song titles "Goose Freight Train" and "Magic Pig Detective"), WITCH gets weirder as it goes along, winding down with the punk-like burst of "June Bug" followed by "Lividity," more than nine minutes of near-silence capped off by jarring noise. Easily one of the Melvins' finest outings, STONER WITCH is an uncompromising alt-metal classic that is essential for any self-respecting fan of the venerable Pacific Northwest band.
Fantomas / Melvins Big Band - Live From London (DVD)(15)
$9.11 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 33 ratings.
Based on 33 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Yellowjackets Greenhouse (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE