- 1.Baby What You Want Me To Do
- 2.Cry To Me
- 3.Diamond In Your Mind
- 4.Got To Get You Off My Mind
- 5.Down In The Valley
- 6.Georgia On My Mind
- 7.(Sitting On) The Dock Of The Bay
- 8.Just Out Of Reach
- 9.Don't Give Up On Me
- 10.What A Wonderful World
- 11.I Will Survive
- 12.None Of Us Are Free
- 13.The Lord Will Make a Way Somehow
- 14.This Little Light Of Mine
- 15.That's How I Got To Memphis
- 16.May The Good Lord Bless You and Keep You
- 17.Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
- 18.When The Saints Go Marching In
Personnel: Solomon Burke (vocals); Sam Mayfied (guitar); Claude Nobs (harmonica); Carle Vickers (saxophone, trumpet); Pierre Paolo Valero (alto saxophone); Daniel Moretto (trumpet); Joshua Lempkins (trombone); Milard Jackson (keyboards); Moyes Lucas (drums); Candy Burke, Kiana Reese (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Jean Ristori.
Liner Note Author: Dan Rabinovitz.
Recording information: Auditorium Stravinski (07/13/2006).
Solomon Burke's maverick and pioneering blend of blues, gospel, R&B, and secular preaching for love made him one of the most influential figures in the creation of soul, and his death in 2010 (he was traveling to a show in Amsterdam when he passed) was an immeasurable loss. Luckily there's this fine live show from the 2006 Montreux Jazz Festival, released in both CD and DVD, which documents Burke's powerful and unique stage presence. ~ Steve Leggett