- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 9, 2013
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 07/13/1984
"...[It] taps its sources with the zest of a vampire, and the result, if unoriginal, is nevertheless buoyant....Good-humored, bent on action and even touching..."
Variety - 07/11/1984
"...Awe-inspiring....Preston is perfect..."
Teenager Alex Rogan lives and works in the trailer-park that his mother owns. His life consists of contemplating his rather bleak future, and waiting for word on his college loan application to arrive. One night all this changes forever. Alex possesses an extraordinary skill at video games, and when this skill attracts a space-travelling recruiter looking for pilots to protect the galaxy from outside forces, he suddenly finds himself on another planet in the middle of an inter-galactic war. It seems that his game-playing abilities are an invaluable military asset to the embattled "Star League of Planets."
- "The Last Starfighter" was actor Robert Preston's last film.
- Star Car was built by Gene Winfield Special Projects.
- Filmed in Technicolor and Panavision, with a projected aspect ratio of 2.35:1.