Be Bop Boogie
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$6.48 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Red-hot Rockabilly from the vaults of Gotham Records. The very rarest (including six unreleased versions) and best from the mid to late '50s.
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Don Hager And The Hot TotsRiver Rock
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Don Hager And The Hot TotsBe Bop Boogie (Previously Unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Don Hager And The Hot TotsLiza Jane Bop (Previously Unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Don Hager And The Hot TotsI Love You Dear Forever (Unreleased Take)
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Rockin' RonnieBoppin' The Blues (Unreleased Take)
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Glenn Johnson & The AcornsHaving Little Heart Attacks (Previously Unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Don Hager And The Hot TotsRiver Rock (Previously Unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Bobby Green And The SportsmenSweet Thing
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Glenn Johnson & The AcornsPutting It Together
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Glenn Johnson & The AcornsRun Here Honey
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Dudley Callicut & The "Go" BoysHeart Trouble
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Dudley Callicut & The "Go" BoysGet Ready Baby
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Derocher SistersSaturday Night
- $0.99 on iTunes14.The "Go" BoysRamble
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Most of the tracks on BE BOP BOOGIE were originally released on Gotham records.
Recorded in the 1950's. Includes liner notes by Philip J. Tricker.
Personnel: Dudley Callicutt, Don Hager, Glenn Johnson (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Phillip J. Tricker.
This is an above-average 14-song collection, obtained through the Gotham label archive belonging to Ivin Ballen in Philadelphia, but mostly cut for the Oak label, based in rural North Carolina. Don Hager & the Hot Tots sure sound it, a rough and ready rockabilly outfit with a hot piano as well as guitar in their lineup, and some good songs in their repertory. Their five songs constitute the lion's share of this CD, which otherwise is a showcase for the sax-driven rockabilly of Bobby Green & the Sportsmen. Jerry Lee Lewis' influence shows up throughout, especially in Dudley Calllicutt & the Go Boys' version of "Get Ready Baby," as does Carl Perkins' work in Rockin Ronny's version of "Boppin' the Blues." The Derocher Sisters, the only act on here to come out of Ballen's home base of Philadelphia, are a distinctly non-rockabilly act, very close in spirit to the Paris Sisters and other girl groups of the late 1950s, but "Saturday Night" is just pleasant enough a song that it doesn't destroy the collection appearance in this company. The other major act featured here is Glenn Johnson & the Acorns, who rock hard and heavy, a dead match for the best work of Don Hager and company or the Go Boys. The sound is amazingly good, and the notes are thorough within the confines of the information available on any of these people. ~ Bruce Eder
Tiny GrimesTiny Grimes And His Rockin' Highlanders, Volume 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 11,732
- UPC: 090431532621
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Live At The Atlanta International Pop Festival (2-CD)
$16.40 Super Savings
All My Friends: Celebrating the Songs & Voice of Gregg... (CD)
$17.42 Super Savings
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $4
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $4
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE