Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 25, 2013
- Originally Released: 1965
- Label: Capitol
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 10/20/1995
"...Entertaining....[The music] is wonderful and the European scenery and eyeful..." -- Rating: B+
Rolling Stone - 11/15/2007
4 stars out of 4 -- "[N]onstop slapstick, even more like a cartoon than the later, animated YELLOW SUBMARINE..."
Uncut - 12/01/2007
3 stars out of 5 -- "[C]heck out the filters on 'Another Girl' and the insouciantly inventive editing on 'Ticket To Ride,' not to mention the gorgeous kaleidoscopic end credits..."
Empire - 01/01/2008
4 stars out of 5 -- "[With] musical interludes, absurdist humour and director Richard Lester's nutty invention and energy..."
- Theatrical release: August 9, 1965
- World premiere at the London Pavilion Theatre, July 29, 1965.
- Part of the film was shot on location on Paradise Island in the Bahamas in February 1965.
- Originally, HELP! had the working title EIGHT ARMS TO HOLD YOU, but the band changed the title after failing to produce material relating to it.
- The film was "respectfully dedicated" to the memory of Mr. Elias Howe, whom in 1846, invented the sewing machine.
- Songs include "Help!," "You're Gonna Lose That Girl," "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away," "The Night Before," "Another Girl," "Ticket to Ride," and "I Need You".
- The film, along with A HARD DAYS NIGHT, was restored over a span of four years. Original prints were discovered in U.S. warehouses, while some restoration work was done from prints with German subtitles.
- The restored version of HELP! was shown on the American Movie Classics cable channel on July 2nd, 1996, during the station's fourth annual "Film Preservation Festival."