- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 18, 2007
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Theatrical Trailer
- Teaser Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Quint, a shrewd, violent thief is working for the government to steal a tape containing incriminating evidence from a company under investigation. Quint drops the tape in super high-tech auto while on the run from a former colleague who caught him in the act, at which point the car is stolen. Now it is up to him to recover the evidence by stealing the car back while running from those who think he still has it.
After a government thief stashes a computer disc in a custom-made, high-tech auto for safekeeping, he must get it back after a car theft ring, run by a ruthless, very wealthy businessman steals the car in a parking lot of a fancy restaurant.
- The Starmaker Entertainment "Collector's Edition" of "Black Moon Rising" carries the catalog ID# 99107 and features 13 minutes, 42 seconds worth of supplementary material. Included in this package are Coming Attractions, interviews with Tommy Lee Jones and Linda Hamilton, the "Car Theft" segment, and the "Fuel of the Future" segment. The film itself runs 100 minutes.
- Filmed in Hollywood in CFI color, prints by Technicolor on Eastmancolor film by Kodak.
- Black Moon (Car) designed and built by Bernard Beaujardin in association with the University of Concordia, Montreal, Canada.
- Titles and opticals by Pacific Title.
- "Sleeping with the Enemy" performed by Chari Brandon, written by Brandon and Jack Littlejohn.
- Aleka Corwin was the set decorator. Jon Evans was the sound engineer.
- Copyright 1986 New World Pictures.